r2572 tests

You have tested TA3D, share your experience /
Vous avez testé TA3D, venez partager votre expérience
yoshi314

r2572 tests

Post by yoshi314 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:59 pm

not much for now.

this one needs fixing, though

my soundcard was locked by another process (somehow alsa dmix doesn't work on arch linux)

Code: Select all

LSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1010:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
[Fri Apr 23 21:02:53 2010][ta3d][error] [audio] Mix_OpenAudio: No available audio device
during startup i got "FMOD Error" window with no message, and only "OK" button. this needs a bit of work imho.

yoshi314

Re: r2572 tests

Post by yoshi314 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:01 pm

also, when starting arm mission 6 (my favorite test monkey ;)) commander gets attacked by a few A.K.'s, but neither him of the enemies can hit (and damage) each other with their lasers. only the d-gun works. it looks like they are hitting the ground right before their target.

there is some serious flaw in unit targetting. turrets usually don't have this problem, except for annihilator that has awful aim in ta3d ;)

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:42 pm

I've made a couple of fixes, it should be much better now (even though it's still not perfect :( )
=>;-D Penguin Powered

yoshi314

Post by yoshi314 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:18 pm

ok, looks like the enemy can (randomly) hit the commander now. but he cannot hit anything, unless he uses a d-gun. definitely an improvement.

also, it looks like the instant-defeat on arm mission 6 is random. restarting the mission helps.

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:35 pm

I finally fixed that nasty instant victory/defeat bug :) as well as a frequent crash :twisted:
=>;-D Penguin Powered

yoshi314

Post by yoshi314 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:16 am

defeat bug is fixed, all right.

enemy units are much better at hitting their target. commander still has ~33% aim, even for still units. it only has good aim against buildings.

i think there should be a command line parameter to be able to launch a selected mission without clicking through the menu. it's really annoying during testing ;)

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:38 am

I am working on it, in the mean time you can use the --quick-start parameter to skip the intro screen. You can also start a multiplayer game using a special config file you can pass with the --file-param parameter, something like that:
./ta3d --file-param game.tdf
with game.tdf looking like:

[TA3D]
{
Map = map.tnt;
FOW = fog of war config;
Script = scripts/game/script.lua;
Network game = true;
Server = true;
Server name = test server;
}
=>;-D Penguin Powered

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:58 pm

Ok, last revision supports starting a game directly using this:
./ta3d --quick-start --file-param game.tdf
with game.tdf looking like:

[TA3D]
{
Game Data = serialized_game_config;   // See your ta3d.cfg file after launching a game, it's easier to copy it than to write it :)
Local game = true;
Instant start = true;    // Set to false or leave unset if you want to see the game setup screen
}
NB: for this to work you'll have to update Yuni too and rebuild everything since I had to fix a nasty bug in some string function.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

yoshi314

Post by yoshi314 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:12 pm

ok one more thing that is dragging through revisions.

let's assume you've selected a big building to build, but have no suitable place to build it on.

both right click and left click will attempt to place it. there is no way to cancel placing the "blueprint" with mouse (maybe there is a key for it?), except for selecting a smaller building and placing it somewhere.

in general ta3d tends to do some things with left click and some with right.

left clicking an enemy will unselect your units - you have to right click him to order the attack. same with reclaiming. but left clicking a target when issuing a special order (capture, d-gun, patrol) will work.

seriously, this needs to be fixed, because it's very counter-intuitive. i haven't played original TA in years, but i don't think it was like this back then.

also - ships have good aiming, but awful pathfinding. they seem to ignore each other and trying to take the same spot when being ordered as a group.

also, when placing two ship depots next to each other, ships very often get stuck, trying to exit through adjacent depot, when its busy constructing.

underwater wreckage reclaiming is very slow, even at x5 speed for very basic wreckage (91 metal) . can you verify it?

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:29 pm

Currently you can't cancel an order if it's currently being executed by a unit without having to refill its order queue but normally right clicking should not place a building (at least it never happened to me in left click mode :) ) but I agree modifying those blueprints is a good idea.

Also left clicking an enemy should not unselect anything, you should check you're not in right click mode.

I'll check the rest.
=>;-D Penguin Powered