Water Frag/Vert Files

Everything related to the code /
Tout ce qui touche au code
Flashbang232

Water Frag/Vert Files

Post by Flashbang232 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:48 pm

In the frag/vert files, what if you used really small numbers to make the waves precise/detailed. (<=.09)
in other words, using decimals starting from the hundreths and less?

vec3 N = wave_grad( vec2( 10.101567231, 11.1 ), 0.1 * t, 0.0, tn_coord )

water_pass1.frag
When you cannot trust your government to lead the nation to better times is when you know the ship is sinking

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Re: Water Frag/Vert Files

Post by zuzuf » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:43 pm

This is possible. However these constants were generated by a program (basically it's a random set of parameters which produced visually good results) in order to produce complex patterns. If you want to add details, it'll have a cost and it's not easy to get a convincing set of parameters. If you want more details I suggest you try the GPU simulated water which simulates much more waves :).
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:13 am

zuzuf wrote:This is possible. However these constants were generated by a program (basically it's a random set of parameters which produced visually good results) in order to produce complex patterns. If you want to add details, it'll have a cost and it's not easy to get a convincing set of parameters. If you want more details I suggest you try the GPU simulated water which simulates much more waves :).
Recently i found that the ultimate water quality is... let`s sat.. perfect? Yeah, babay ) It`s really perfect )

Flashbang232

Post by Flashbang232 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:18 pm

it'll have a cost and it's not easy to get a convincing set of parameters. If you want more details I suggest you try the GPU simulated water which simulates much more waves .
Rawr, i normally like to do stuff the hard way....... (but i sure will give it a try)
I mean sometimes i feel like hacking the totala.exe with notepad lol.

Also, ultimate water quality has those weird white lines, which is why i brought up this issue in the first place :P
When you cannot trust your government to lead the nation to better times is when you know the ship is sinking

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:21 pm

Flashbang232 wrote:Also, ultimate water quality has those weird white lines, which is why i brought up this issue in the first place :P
The lines are not white anymore )

MattyWS

Post by MattyWS » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:00 pm

There are no lines anymore, but the coast goes slightly transparent all the way round all land, which is an amazing effect that blends the land with the water properly.

Flashbang232

Post by Flashbang232 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:41 am

Yeah, i took a closer look at your commander pic on tau.
Well, the last i can say on that is i think the coast should "fade" out of view when underwater, (using a script for visual effect ?), instead of just stopping at a certain point underwater.

If I know which files control all visual graphics i can probably learn the coding with experimentation and what little readable words are in there.....
Its how i learned to create ta weapons, fbi files, build menus, guis, and corpses lol.

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:25 am

The final rendering pass for GPU simulated water is done with the water_sim_reflec.frag/water_simu_fog.frag fragment programs.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Flashbang232

Post by Flashbang232 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Fragment programs? (Where to get? :0)
Also, awesome!!!!!! Ta3d may be just as easy to mod as ta is! :D

No it isnt, but meh....

to get features "white" for sh*ts and giggles go to ta3d\shaders\3doshadow.frag(and vert) and change every "2d" you see to "3d". :(