r2802

You have tested TA3D, share your experience /
Vous avez testé TA3D, venez partager votre expérience
Balthazar

r2802

Post by Balthazar » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Don`t know exactly what have you done, but pathfollowing seems much, MUCH better than in previous version.

Windows 7 x32, Phenom 945.
Full set of OTA CC files and free set of resources.

Bugs in r2802

1. Set the griswold music to play in menu, since it make me mad to hear it in game endlesly. Or add the option to turn off the music IN-GAME.
2. ARM commander D-Gun still have doubled range.
3. ARM PeeWee should shoot 3 bullets per burrel, but now it shoots 2 bullets per one burrel and 1 bullet per other burrel... Strange. - TESTED
4. ARM metal maker don`t change animation depending on on/off state.
5. ARM Metal Extractor have spinning selection quad, like it parented not ot the model base, but to the upper part of model, that spins. Funny, but still it`s a bug.
6. Most of buildings can be build almost one on another - the green border line don`t taked into account whene the place for the new building is determine.
7. ARM commander still have problems with firing D-gun and laser. His limbs are often rotated backward. I guess it`s because of different name of model parts in OTA and Spring, that was mentioned on TAU forum in TA3D section.
8. Make to work those reflection textures on that damn metal deposits - it`ll look awesome, but somehow reflection on deposits don`t work. TESTED
9. Units are still can`t continue to move without instant stop after recieving the command to move to the other (or the same) location. TESTED
10. Reclaiming time for ship wreck is enormous, reclaiming 75M wreck takes about.... forever? - TESTED
11. When ARM Constr. planes are ordered to guard the shipyard - they behave very strange. TESTED
12. AI land factories didn`t build anything (Core)
13. ARM Flakker can shoot land units :) - TESTED (should be fixed now)
14. Strange visual bug when zoomed in too close - strange black dots/shadows (screenshots included) - TESTED
15. After loading of ARM campaign 1 mision (A hero returns) - game crushed (logs download/file.php?mode=view&id=199) - free_resource_set bug
16. Shaders for fog above normal don`t work (screenshot included)
17. Transports with hidden loaded units (like the Hulk) have difficulties to unload, and generally fail at it (and the transport scripting is totally outdated. We need something simpler, like a few tags in the FBI).
18. Metal Maps don`t work - just black screen, game don`t starts.
19. Multiplayer registration and logging didn`t work ) -
20. Damaged airplanes that on patrol do not automatically land on nearby ARP in their patrol route.In OTA,they do,if their health falls below 50-70%. - TESTED
21. The Arm Swatter fails to attack any enemy airborne target when ordered to do so, or when simply moved near an enemy air unit. Swatter do shoot at ground units though. Using OTA files. (r2775)
22. Doomsday Machine main cannon don`t rotate. - TESTED
23. Fog should be unpassable. - TESTED
24. When ordered to build - building construction sound plays 3-5 times instead of one. VERY annoying. - TESTED
25. Arm Spider have some targeting issue,where it seldom fires to south direction even though the target is located at the right of the Spider.
26. Nuke silo shouldn't open up when it's ordered to fire when it haven't build any missiles. -TESTED
27. Advanced shipyard in T1 core conship buildmenu when playing as Core can`t be seen?
28. Unit weapons should stop trying to target enemy if the enemy moves out of range.Noticed this when pressing shift to see what my Searcher was doing idly when a plane passed over it.Found that the Searcher missile weapon still tries to target the plane even if the plane is half-way across the map.
29. Subs shouldn't be targeted while it's underwater unless a sonar is in place or a nearby UW unit.I'm surprised that arm FF managed to kill my sub while it's being underwater relatively easy,as if the water didn't exist there in the first place.
30. Regarding plane behaviour,they shouldn't start the animation of closing its wings if they're only decelerating in order to change direction.It's silly to see the Avenger trying to fold its wings every time the unit slows down when it tries to turn.
31. ARM Merl can`t hit anything - it`s just fires randomly. -TESTED

Green bugs - are fixed.

Suggestions:

1. Add the ability to add to stack of orders Guard or other command while Shift pressed.
2. With disabled perspective solar flare in the water makes bottom left part of the screen always white. Whould be nice to have cyclic sun movment over the sky or something like that to affect the sun reflection in water.

This bugs are from the beta 11 version - we did a serious work in testing back then, let`s refresh all that are left.

t1: White maps (with clouds or white smoke fields) are still filled with lava instead of white smoke. Sad.
t2: Campaign buildings (that are given from the start) don`t have animation (i.e. taidai generators), but the new ones do have!

t4: If Albatros plane ordered to guard ship - it begin to fly under water!!!
t5: Planes fly height must be set to higher values, cause now they are riding over the mountains :P
t8: Patroling planes don`t attack directly the target they encountered (for example, Brawler), but continues to patrol shooting by the way at enemy.
t16. It is much easier to destroy an enemy unit by targeting the land behind it, compared to targeting it directly (hit rate is still low, but much higher than in case of normal attack).
t17. It's nearly impossible to order a construction unit to recycle a large area (e.g. lots burnt trees, on arm mission 6). unit keeps dropping the queue, or something similar happens. it would be nice to be able to pick an order, and just drag across the area to target all suitable objects and add them to the queue
t20. Ship pathfinding sucks. order a ship to go to the target behind the ship depot - it will keep trying to go through the depot, despite it being busy constructing another unit. (yeah, yeah :))
Attachments
ta3d-shoot000002.JPG
ta3d-shoot000001.JPG
ta3d-shoot000000.JPG

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Re: r2794

Post by zuzuf » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:42 pm

5 was a problem in the free data set, you should update it (remove it before copying the new files, I replaced the OBJ model for the ARMMEX with a 3DM one but the OBJ is still used by the engine if you don't remove it).

Regarding 8, there is no metal deposit model with a reflection texture ... if you want to use a texture as reflection texture on a 3DM just enable "reflection" in 3DMEditor in the material toolbox (on the left) when the object is selected.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:35 am

zuzuf wrote:5 was a problem in the free data set, you should update it (remove it before copying the new files, I replaced the OBJ model for the ARMMEX with a 3DM one but the OBJ is still used by the engine if you don't remove it).
Yes, i guess that`s the cause, since i just over-extract free_data_set.
zuzuf wrote:Regarding 8, there is no metal deposit model with a reflection texture ... if you want to use a texture as reflection texture on a 3DM just enable "reflection" in 3DMEditor in the material toolbox (on the left) when the object is selected.
I was experimenting with reflection texture of metal deposits some time ago and it didn`t worked, that`s why there are no deposits models with this reflection texture.

I hope it`ll look better than current models look, and if it will be so - i`ll re-create low-poly models for deposits and replace the old ones.

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:54 pm

Can you test with and without the free data set ? it would help me locate bugs (in the free data set or in the engine).
=>;-D Penguin Powered

MattyWS

Post by MattyWS » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:27 pm

At the moment free data set is like one big bug. :P i don't use it because it introduces a lot of problems at the moment. That and i can't stand looking at all the HD models then the other half of the units not redone. xD

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Update. (begin testing of r2802, bugs that are present in latest version WITHOUT HD resources are marked - TESTED)

zuzuf

Re: r2802

Post by zuzuf » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:18 pm

Regarding the fog bug, could you send me a clean log file (delete the log file before running the game) ?

:arrow: TA3D appends its output to the log file, in debug mode this file can become big so deleting it before testing helps when reporting bugs because it's smaller and contains only what is needed :)
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:45 pm

zuzuf wrote:Regarding the fog bug, could you send me a clean log file (delete the log file before running the game) ?

:arrow: TA3D appends its output to the log file, in debug mode this file can become big so deleting it before testing helps when reporting bugs because it's smaller and contains only what is needed :)
Sure! Here you go.
Attachments
ta3d.rar
(9.86 KiB) Downloaded 1136 times

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:19 pm

Updated. Added bug 19 - logging system problem.

MattyWS

Post by MattyWS » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:34 pm

I used to have an issue with metal maps crashing, however after sending the error log zuzufs way it was fixed for me and metal maps load fine. This was just recently though

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:40 pm

Regarding 19 did you check your firewall ? I tested both on Linux and windows and I could register and login as usual.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:22 pm

zuzuf wrote:Regarding 19 did you check your firewall ? I tested both on Linux and windows and I could register and login as usual.
Weird, now it works fine... But can`t use mods section or Host new game. Anyway, now it`s not the top priority, so let it wait.

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:42 pm

No, I don't like breaking things. It should be easier to fix now since we're close to the revision which broke it.

NB: I cannot reproduce the bug :(, can you tell me what is the first package showing the problem ?
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:40 pm

I`ll try to find.

Updated. Bug 8 is there. There is no way how I tried to add the reflection to the metal deposits - it just don`t work.

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:09 pm

Ok, I made a change that may fix 8, you'll have to test it again with next build :)
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:11 pm

zuzuf wrote:Ok, I made a change that may fix 8, you'll have to test it again with next build :)
Sure )

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:47 pm

Updated - added 20 and 21

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:52 pm

Updated 22.

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Updated. Fog now works, but land units can pass through it - should be fixed.

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:30 pm

Getting error each time I quit the game.

Logs attached.
Attachments
ta3d.rar
(14.85 KiB) Downloaded 1060 times

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:30 pm

You mean each time you exit the main menu to desktop ?
=>;-D Penguin Powered

MattyWS

Post by MattyWS » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:16 pm

yes, and every time i quit mid-game, it crashes too.

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:19 am

Updated. Added 24,25,26 and suggestion about animated sun postioning.

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:57 pm

You should retest 20 now :wink:
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:24 am

Updated. 27,28,29,30 - from Sarwajagat message on tau.

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:15 am

Updated. Bug 20 is still present.

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:32 pm

hum, maybe you should rename duplicate bug numbers ... there are two 20, of course I fixed only one :roll:
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:15 pm

zuzuf wrote:hum, maybe you should rename duplicate bug numbers ... there are two 20, of course I fixed only one :roll:
Opps, the one that are from beta 11 version was ment to be tested and moved up to the main list, but I don`t yet managed to test it all (((