r2717

You have tested TA3D, share your experience /
Vous avez testé TA3D, venez partager votre expérience
Balthazar

r2717

Post by Balthazar » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Even on my Win7, And Phenom 945 and 2 GB of 1333 MHz RAM the firs loading process (especially the part with 3D models loading) took several minutes - something like 3-4 minutes to build the cache.

Emmm, Zuzuf, i`ve got some descent CPU power here and still it is slow as hell - there is definately something wrong here.

I`ll play for some time to post the suggestions, but pathfinding is still bugged - units are trying to move through the trees, where so few space that even I can tell without trying to slide through )

1. Arm Commander can`t shoot more than once with laser or D-Gun. After 1 shoot he can`t shoot again for some time. Noticed some Commander animation broken - when attacking other unit it`s hands move backwards from target instead moving towards.
2. Yes, pathfinding is awfull. It`s so awfull that it makes any map unplayable, even the plain one without any slopes, trees or any obstacles that needs to be ride around. I can close my eyes on everything, but the pathfindig. There is something must be done about it, maybe I should ask somebody from gameforge developers of some strategy games to give us a hand? Even in warcraft 1 pathfinding was way way way better.
I can`t belive that`s the best you can do Zuzuf, there should be some base mistake in the pathfinding code, thats ruins all the effort. Maybe you can rio the pathfinding code and try to test in on square units of one type on the total plain main to see if there any bug hidden?

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Re: r2717

Post by zuzuf » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:56 pm

Sorry for the poor loading performance but keep in mind these binaries are built in debug mode which means the compiler didn't optimize anything and the filter used to shrink textures is much faster with compiler optimizations enabled, if it's really too annoying even for testing I'll change the filter to something that should be faster (a basic Box filter instead of Gaussian blur or maybe a GPU accelerated version which would be very fast and wouldn't need to be precomputed/cached).

Regarding pathfinding, can you prepare a few reproducible scenarios which currently fail (you can send me saved games for example).
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:12 pm

Here`s save. There are a bunch of peewees - try to send them to walk around and you`ll see )

P.S. Wanted to add some default animation for Archipelagus trees (the one with many leaves) but can`t find the exact name. Can you help?
Attachments
peewees.rar
(53.43 KiB) Downloaded 961 times

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:04 pm

I don't remember the name but it's something which matches *tree* or *leaf* and the file size should be much bigger than a few bytes (some .3dm files are only "shortcuts" to other files to reduce cost of duplicates)
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:01 pm

Here`s the new set of the animated trees. Just replace the old ones.
Oaks are too animated now )

And two more annoying bugs
1. During the movement of any unit if you click to move to another point - units stops INSTANTLY and then begin to accelerate and move. In OTA units don`t stop if ordered to move to another location during movement.

2. If plane ordered to guard naval units - it can land underwater )
Attachments
animated_trees.rar
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 980 times