New sky textures

a forum to follow the work on recreating HD sets of textures to replace TA ones.
Balthazar

New sky textures

Post by Balthazar » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:35 am

I think it`s time to add some real kick-ass sky textures.

Here you go, it`s free http://www.lfgrafix.com/grafix/C3DB-Ski ... iFi-1.html

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Re: New sky textures

Post by zuzuf » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:36 am

Interesting but parameterization is sometimes unclear, the only way to know what works is testing :)
=>;-D Penguin Powered

MattyWS

Post by MattyWS » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:32 pm

Done! Images were large in file size so i had to make them smaller, just ask me if you wish to have the full size images. I couldn't really do much with space skies so one of the images is there 4 times, you don't need to replace all of them if you don't want to. :) http://www.box.net/files#/files/0/f/431 ... _541611534

EDIT: Also like to note the reason why all images are half black, when fully zoomed out you won't be distracted by clouds or whatever in the background of the map.

On another note, I added the sky.tdf files because I added things to them.

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:39 pm

:( it says the items have been deleted or are unavailable to you
=>;-D Penguin Powered

MattyWS

Post by MattyWS » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:45 pm

MattyWS

Post by MattyWS » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:38 pm

How are you liking it all so far? I've been trying to make more space skies for later on, since there is a lack of them in the package.

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:35 am

I've been testing your skies. I really like them :) but there is something strange on some maps: the hell sky is selected on maps when you'd expect something else like a blue sky. This is not a big issue since it's just a matter of editing the associated .tdf file.

Are you familiar with tools like subversion ? If you want I'd like to give you developer access to the repository, that way you'll be able to upload/edit files directly.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

MattyWS

Post by MattyWS » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:02 am

I found this same issue, which is why I also included some extra stuff in the .tdf's but I guess not every map registers as a planet in the .tdf's lists and since the Hell0 is a default sky (it was already set to default, wasn't sure why so I didn't change it) maps that either don't have a planet name or just a wrong planet name will load up with a random sky that is set as a default. Annoying really, if most thirdparty map makers would make the maps properly it would work better. :P

Also I have a pretty basic knowledge of how subversion works, if you want to grant me access that'd be cool. :D