Ta Textures?

a forum to follow the work on recreating HD sets of textures to replace TA ones.
Flashbang232

Ta Textures?

Post by Flashbang232 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:50 am

I can create some if you want.
I have gafbuilder pro and gimp! :D
Are you guys looking for a ta texture maker?
When you cannot trust your government to lead the nation to better times is when you know the ship is sinking

MattyWS

Re: Ta Textures?

Post by MattyWS » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:18 pm

I think what they need the most is bug testers more than anything.

Flashbang232

Post by Flashbang232 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:16 pm

I think i can do that. ;)

I know how to make textures though so the offer still stands.....i might make some anyways because sometimes i get bored.....
Im thinking of creating a different variety of energy storage textures, and maybe even metal storages.

Matman, do you know what makes an invisibility texture an invisibility texture?
It would be cool to make a texture saying "Fb232 was here", flashing on an off (enough to make a person have a siezure), and have it unseen in-game. :twisted: ehehehehe
taking a page from pcs_ellocos book.
hehehehehe
-elloco
yeah, that works.

on an off-topic note-
in one of boblebubs Ta2 threads, i lol'd at your posts replying when he said that he was better at coding than you. (if he was he should make a mod. Even I have made a mod 'albeit a crappy mod' :P)
When you cannot trust your government to lead the nation to better times is when you know the ship is sinking

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:33 am

Yes, we do started the work to re-do textures in hi-res. Here`s the thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=857
Feel free to help with it (scale 2x). All the info is in the link.
Attachments
CorCamo.rar
(963.29 KiB) Downloaded 1974 times

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:24 pm

Making a free data set for TA3D is one of the objectives of the project (and it's far from being done). You may want to have a look at http://trac.ta3d.org/browser/trunk/src/ta3d/mods/ta3d, the TODO file should give you an idea of the task (even though it might not be totally up to date).

Regarding textures, TA3D supports OTA GAFs as well as a TA3D specific extension to OTA GAFs to support 32bits textures and folders with a GAF-like tree structure (so you can easily edit your sprites and use the file format that best suits your needs as long as it's supported by TA3D).
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Flashbang232

Post by Flashbang232 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:38 pm

Thats awesome zuzuf!
i might not use the Gaf Format, as 256-color bitmaps tend to corrupt a lot of colors. (Explosions and certain brights, yellows, oranges, etc..)
But if push comes to shove i got gafbuilderpro.....
I want to fix that damned coastline first though....... :P

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:34 pm

TA3D supports a home-made extension to OTA's GAF format which extends it to 32bits colors. You can also use a directory like a GAF file (and use the image formats you want, you can even mix them), cf http://trac.ta3d.org/browser/trunk/src/ ... order=name
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Flashbang232

Post by Flashbang232 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:09 am

Ta3d is pretty cool, considering it can read OTA stuff and file format, as well as implementing its own style of stuff ;)