missing all

Everything that is not related to TA3D (no abuse will be accepted) / Tout ce qui n'a rien à voir avec TA3D (aucun abus ne sera toléré)
xpoy

missing all

Post by xpoy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:34 pm

I still need much months in works. Maybe later than Nov., really cheer up from hardly work when look at TA3D /:^}

I miss you all, and let's keep be better /:^P!

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Re: missing all

Post by zuzuf » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi and welcome back on the forums :)
=>;-D Penguin Powered

DOT

Post by DOT » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Yeah good luck with your works

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:05 am

Yep :P

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:45 pm

my work done! :D

what ever, I will try to fix TA3D's track, or said some small modify in feature, like zoom in zoom out what what. Well a confused talk, but I just back, anythings todo? /;^]
I'm good at tracing bug, or said in debug. and able to code c++, and said in true more in c. And I can write in lua, to restart my AI work, when it used confused me then interesting me..

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:39 pm

Well, I think you'll be interested in some Lua coding :). TA3D still needs some Lua AIs and the required Lua interface is not finished (actually a list of useful functions is still missing). You may also want to have a look at how to add Lua scripts to implement some user interface stuffs like Lua/GUI interaction, ways to implement zooming in Lua, etc...
=>;-D Penguin Powered

MattyWS

Post by MattyWS » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:45 pm

First thing you guys need to do, disable waves, and perspective, turn water graphics to lowest setting and play the game properly, compare it to TA until you can replicate TA exactly. Then add new stuff.

Pathfinding needs to be better and I get annoyed at slow moving units because when you set a different direction they stop dead, then start moving again.

Also when you hold shift in TA and it shows green blobs moving in the path of the where the unit is going to go, TA3D is buggy and useless, I'd much rather you make it show a dotted line generated by code than use the OTA green blobs.

And metal map features make the game crash, try it yourself.

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:52 am

good goal for me.. that matman's :P. I also want back to AI's work, cause I already had mass think and some work in how AI should be. However I will read TA3D code, and try to make a clear idea for lua's implement, didn't made sure I can implement AI by lua in last time I try to used lua in TA3D.

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:02 pm

I suggest you start with the files within the src/scripts folder, you'll most likely be interested by this one: http://trac.ta3d.org/browser/trunk/src/ ... a.thread.h

This file is the basis of all Lua low-level interface with TA3D (and the same API could be used for all kinds of languages), it includes threading tools: a Lua script can start multiple Lua "threads" which aren't real OS threads but only Lua objects with their own execution stuffs which will run in the same thread so there is no concurrency issues with it, and a basic interface to run Lua functions inside the LuaThread environment.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:03 pm

Great ths zuzuf /:^]!
I'm on my town, this nearly new years so I'm a bit addtion work for myself, but still much free time, :P A good and also bad news is I used most time in past days in thsi one:
http://tauniverse.com/forum/showpost.ph ... stcount=53
I checked this header, back to my AI work in now, I had some interesting ideas in AI design's attempt. And will try to found some bugs and track it, if I can.

MattyWS

Post by MattyWS » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:37 am

Try fixing the problem where units need to stop in order to change course when you click them to go somewhere else.

And another problem is that units walk in zigzags because they think the terrain is a bit too bumpy for them I think. perhaps the terrain is scaled to high in comparison to OTA? Maybe maps need to be rendered a little big flatter?

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:07 pm

You can render maps a bit "flatter" if you enable the "Low map definition" option (it'll render less geometrical details, I added this option mostly for Intel chips which don't like eating too much geometry).
=>;-D Penguin Powered