linux installation

Everything that is not related to TA3D (no abuse will be accepted) / Tout ce qui n'a rien à voir avec TA3D (aucun abus ne sera toléré)
Flashbang232

linux installation

Post by Flashbang232 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:45 pm

i am a hacker, i am interested in getting ubuntu via wubi instead of emulating bash shell through cygwin terminal. I have issues. To start.
A while back....
I install the max gb allowd via wubi. It fails after step 2 of setup initialization where you boot into ubuntu. It fails with an error listed on BASH.
my specs at the time was amd e240 dual core 1.5 ghz 2 gb ram 250 gb hdd @ 7200 rpm, 32 gb vm, NTFS file system.
now, i have issues mounting the iso of ubuntu to a cd 700 mb and a sony dvd, 4.7 gb. It failed to burn first using recommended tools, the md5 sum checked out, i used 3 different checkers, 2 of which i adapted to run on cmd via batch and the other using c++ and i couldnt get system("pause") to work so i paused it by echoing the program in a batch file.
I got a copy to write, md5sum was ok. My comp fails to detect hdd in a system failure so i try to get it to boot off of ubuntu cd and it fails showing a black background, what looks like a dialogue box with winows 2000 style, and a checksum
w/erro
When you cannot trust your government to lead the nation to better times is when you know the ship is sinking

Flashbang232

Re: linux installation

Post by Flashbang232 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:48 pm

w/error*
i have now AMD e240 32 bit OS dual core 1.5 ghz 2 gb ram 500 gb hdd at 5400 rpm AMD radeon 6250 hd gfx 1 gb ded. memory 3.5 gb vm win7 home premium using a cd mounted iso of ubuntu to load off of after a system failure
When you cannot trust your government to lead the nation to better times is when you know the ship is sinking

Durand

Re: linux installation

Post by Durand » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:48 pm

You know, i think TA3D is dead. I can't install it anymore on my own linux for months because, apparently, lib dependancies.

It's sad, because it was the most easily modable 3D game i have ever seen, with it's direct use of OBJ files with included joints. But i suppose it can't be helped.

I think the author tried to do too much things at the same time, and got discouraged and away.