Things i noticed

You have tested TA3D, share your experience /
Vous avez testé TA3D, venez partager votre expérience
nzadlithium

Things i noticed

Post by nzadlithium » Sat May 03, 2008 2:34 am

Mouse isn't locked in window in fullscreen. (I have dual screens :D )
I think you should lock it in but also have a button you can set to release mouse. (I hate it when programs take my mouse and i cant get it back).

Also I tried a few of the maps in campaign most work fine but the 2nd level CORE Kbot Base, Destroy it! as soon as it gets into the game it says victory.

Last thing is clicking on units. When i'm clicking on them i sometimes have trouble selecting units because of the 3d perspective. (i need to click slightly above the unit to click on them). Perhaps you could do some sort of perspective calculation so that it is easier to click on the units?

Love the game I advertised on wine for you in my report of how well it works :p

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sat May 03, 2008 7:07 am

Thanks for your participation :) The campaign part is not fully tested yet, so several levels could not work properly. Whould be nice if you too cold test some of them and say how they works :)

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Sat May 03, 2008 12:46 pm

I tested with and without BT and CC addons, it works on my working copy, so maybe we already fixed it. Try 0.4.3 TEST 1, if we have fixed this, it should work. Don't try 0.5.0 TEST 1 in campaign mode, you won't be able to kill enemies ... there is a known bug in it, fixed in current SVN.

Unit selection is done with 3D calculations, when the ray that goes from the camera and the mouse pointer intersects a 3D model it can be selected, so if it doesn't work, it may be a problem with the mouse coordinates or the pointer.

As far as mouse locking is concerned, I don't know how to do that for now, but I'll add it to the TODO list :)
=>;-D Penguin Powered

nzadlithium

Post by nzadlithium » Sun May 04, 2008 1:48 am

if its fixed in svn then i could download 0.5.0 from svn?

i'm currently using 0.4.2 precompiled 64bit (it was the latest on the download page apart from svn).

And can you define cold testing. Does that mean you want me to play through campaign or do you want it tested more in depth? (I'm happy to play it but i'm not sure of how to test it other than that). One of my friends has the game as well. He runs windows but i can see if he wants to test ta3d as well?

nzadlithium

Post by nzadlithium » Sun May 04, 2008 3:41 am

Ok im still using 0.4.2 but this is what i have noticed after playing another round.
1. Your right about the mouse click thing. It is working i'm not sure why i thought it didnt the other day.

2. weezel models are half in the ground

3. dragons teeth get built but they then dissapear and the space where it was built is not occupied (its the whole thing dissapearing not just the graphic).

4. metal + energy when you have a greater loss than gain have values all over the place.

5. capturing things takes a long time. (it takes me alot less time to destroy the solar collectors and build one on top than it does to capture it)

6. when the solar collectors are captured they default to being turned off.

7. hammers dont show up in the kbot lab

8. units get stuck on buildings when they walk out of kbot lab.

and another question how do i rotate the perspective in game. can i do it?

I'm still interested in the answers for my last post as well. If my friends online right now i'll ask him if he wants to test the windows version. He seemed interested when i mentioned it to him before. Should i tell him to get 0.4.3 or can you use the svn to get compilible source code for windows too?

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun May 04, 2008 7:49 am

About testing - yes, that was exactly what i mean - just play several missions from the begining to the end and see if there are all going well.

About versions - just wait a little for v.0.5. test 2 version and then do testing :)

nzadlithium

Post by nzadlithium » Sun May 04, 2008 8:32 am

ah ok i should be able to do that. might take me a few weeks though got so many tests goin on right now :S