You have tested TA3D, share your experience /
Vous avez testé TA3D, venez partager votre expérience
Corsaire

Post by Corsaire » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:25 pm

Hey everyone.
Yay for the 0.4.2 final :)

However the game is not free of little things that hinders the game experience.
Here are the thing I noticed (okay, it my own sensations so it is subjective maybe).

-in the language selection menu, when you drag the list, but not click on anything then move your mouse away, the menu closes itself selecting the last language you had your mouse pointer over before move it away.

-in game, the shoots of your tank units are missing really often (it goes through the enemy and explodes on the ground afar behind)

-pathfinding is still unhappy when units runs into a building. I could witness a tank trying to run over a radar tower for at least a minute instead go around it

-the super-zoom (inspired with supcom) should center on your mouse pointer when zooming in and out.
I played supcom since I first tryed TA3D and now the TA3D super-zoom really feels not right.
In the same vein, when zooming the camera movements should be smoother (not slower, smoother).

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:42 pm

ok, I took note of that, we'll work on it for 0.4.3 (which may be 0.5.0 if we really start networking code and get something functional)
=>;-D Penguin Powered