My first TA3D test - 0.4.2 T6

You have tested TA3D, share your experience /
Vous avez testé TA3D, venez partager votre expérience
REVENGE

My first TA3D test - 0.4.2 T6

Post by REVENGE » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:05 pm

Hey, so I dug up my old copy of TA, and ran the program. First off, some bugs I noticed that I'm too lazy to check if they are existing or new:

When the camera shows a structure underconstruction, but not the constructor from which the nanolathe originates, the nanolathe particles aren't rendered.

When weapons fire on, for example, stuff with rotating barrels [Defender], the firing of the weapon and the scripted timing of barrel rotation are mismatched, and the barrel rotates before the weapon is fired. This might be a general scripting/timing inaccuracy, so might not be a "bug" per se.

Now, stuff I'm generally annoyed about:

Water shader is damned fast, but ultra quality should render much more accurate water, as the current imperfections in refraction make the "ultra quality" water look like crap ingame.

Decay time of buildings not being nanolathed on is way too fast, and the model doesn't reflect it graphically.

Ok, that said, I'm still very impressed. Keep up the good work!

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:55 pm

We already know some of those bugs.

the weapon bug you noticed is a bug in weapon code in the UnitEngine module.

The nanolathe bug isn't usually noticeable so I deactivated the nanolathes when the builder isn't visible, but in some cases it's very noticeable. I should think this an another way.

The deconstruction time of buildings is based on observations I've done on TA, it may not be correct as I don't know how it's computed in TA's code, so if someone knows please tell me :)

The water blocky aspect is a problem, in fact it's like this because I was unable to fix it :? . I tried multiple times but without success. I think it's because of the normal map precision but I am not sure.

Good job, keep testing :wink:
=>;-D Penguin Powered