<3 Ta3d

You have tested TA3D, share your experience /
Vous avez testé TA3D, venez partager votre expérience
Flashbang232

<3 Ta3d

Post by Flashbang232 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:22 pm

I tested it on my current laptop. I think the last time I was active was when it lagged a lot on my OLD laptop (screen cracked, still have it, trying to see if parents will let me take the processor out of it and hire someone to stick it in this one) :P
Anyways, the laptop I'm on now actually has less Ghz compared to the old one (this laptop has around 90% of the specs of the old one, different brand, different ghz,slightly more ram available due to deleting a lot of bull**** programs I found)

Anyways, 2ghz 2 gig ram (1.4 available) compared to 1.5 ghz 2 gig ram (1.8 available) and yet it runs better on this one.
(both versions are/were different)
that says something. And both times running everything on around medium-high level which btw I love the trees and such, just now we gotta work on explosions. ;)
The explosions look blurry and the perspective is off, its better when you use orthographic view, but still blurry.
Could we use some LUA scripting for explosions? :)
I want to outshine ESCALATION explosions. But maybe after a while, work needs to be done.
Thank you for ta3d, I will be tweaking my install and giving back info.

I edited the shading of trees and units in one of the frag files, the shadows are a bit more detailed, take a look.

Code: Select all

uniform sampler2DShadow shadowMap;
uniform sampler2D       tex0;
varying vec4            light_coord;
varying vec3            normal;

void main()
{
	float fog_coef = clamp( (gl_FogFragCoord - gl_Fog.start) * gl_Fog.scale, 0.0, 1.0 );

float shaded = shadow2D( shadowMap, light_coord.xyz ).x;
    vec2 test = abs(light_coord.xy - vec2(0.5, 0.5));
   [u]if (test.x > 0.35 || test.y > 0.35)[/u]
        shaded = 1.1;

float diffuse_coef = clamp( dot( normalize(normal), gl_LightSource[0].position.xyz ), 0.0, 1.0 );
    vec4 light_eq = diffuse_coef * shaded + gl_LightModel.ambient;
    vec4 texture_color = texture2D( tex0, gl_TexCoord[0].xy );

gl_FragColor = vec4(light_eq.rgb, 1.0) * gl_Color * texture_color;
    gl_FragColor.rgb = mix( gl_FragColor.rgb, gl_Fog.color.rgb, fog_coef);
}
What i edited should be underlined. I believe i changed it from .5 to .35, i cant remember, its been a few months.

Anyways, I remember on TAU in a thread by Matman a while back, I was complaining about pixellated shadows.
Well I tweaked them. Enjoy. :)
When you cannot trust your government to lead the nation to better times is when you know the ship is sinking

MattyWS

Re: <3 Ta3d

Post by MattyWS » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:04 pm

Can you take a screenshot of both shadings for comparison please?

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Re: <3 Ta3d

Post by zuzuf » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:46 pm

That's ... unexpected since this test only prevents "looking" outside the shadowmap (it disables shadows when no data is available for a given fragment).

Does a bigger value still fix your problem (something like 0.49) ? It may be related to an issue with shadowmap borders (maybe there is an option in your driver for this).
=>;-D Penguin Powered