r2556 tests

You have tested TA3D, share your experience /
Vous avez testé TA3D, venez partager votre expérience
yoshi314

r2556 tests

Post by yoshi314 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:02 pm

various unit behavior i noticed with aircraft

- construction units don't help with building when patrolling (tested on construction planes). i think they did in TA, but i could be wrong.
- selecting 2 construction units of the exact same type does not allow building (build menu is disabled when you select 2 of the exact the same construction aircraft)
- construction aircraft is ridiculously quick at dismantling enemy units. it takes ~1-2 seconds on 3x speed to take apart the core Can unit with three construction planes, while it takes at least 3x-4x as much time to destroy it with two laser turrets. this one needs some verification, maybe it was like that in the original game.
- unit shortcuts work a bit wrong. you have to press 'O' to open orders tab, and after opening it immediately selects whatever O is assigned to. also, the cursor sometimes doesn't change when selecting d-gun . most shortcuts for actions only work when orders tab is open. when orders tab is not open, most shortcuts do not seem to work.
- it's pretty much impossible to hit the enemy when standing on the top of the slope, while the enemy stands at the bottom (as usual, standard TA, first core prime mission, near the starting point). i can understand this when the enemy is on the top and you're on the bottom, not the other way around. noticed when trying to shoot A.K. with commander and laser turret from the top of the slope.

- when ordering the commander to reclaim wreckage of the enemy it keeps giving out error beeps but eventually reclaims the wreckage.

- loading screen redraws only when progress bar moves - when you run in windowed mode, and switch to other app, and switch back to ta3d, it stays black until progress bar moves.

yoshi314

Re: r2556 tests

Post by yoshi314 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:24 pm

one more thing - there is an awful right-click left-click incosistency that's really confusing

capture order for commander [keyboard O,C] and left click - will capture the unit
capture order for commander [keyboard O,C] and right click - will attack the unit. also the pathfinding is really messed up when doing so - commander goes in zig-zag trying to follow the unit.

something is really wrong after building first nuclear reactor - energy meter pretty much stands still and power usage jumps between 300 and 1100 rapidly. i just built 6 regular metal extractors, ~7 normal energy plants and one moho mine beforehand.

yoshi314

Post by yoshi314 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:52 pm

ok, i found a shader bug, that's most likely not related to the mesa 3d library

Code: Select all

[Wed Apr  7 21:54:35 2010][ta3d][debug] [shader] Vertex shader: `shaders/map_shadow.vert` compiled
[Wed Apr  7 21:54:35 2010][ta3d][error] [shader] Fragment shader: `shaders/map_shadow.frag` failed to compile
[Wed Apr  7 21:54:35 2010][ta3d][error] [shader] Error: undefined function 'abs'
Error: incompatible types in assignment

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:15 pm

You were right, there was a bug a the shader (actually in 3 shaders) but it wasn't related to the abs function ...

I'll look at those bugs when I have time, thanks.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

yoshi314

Post by yoshi314 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:43 pm

ok, the shaders look good. i'll start a new thread soon. in the meantime :

- starting the mission 6 "beachhead on thalassean" (arm campaing, standard TA) results in instant defeat ;)

- annihilator turret cannot hit a stationary target [facepalm here]. the beam doesn't seem to hit the ground either - it just passes by.

- no way to cancel blueprint placement, either by left or right click (when the blueprint is red).

also, this :

Code: Select all

[Wed Apr  7 22:56:15 2010][ta3d][debug] Loading the unit `CORTRUCK`...
[Wed Apr  7 22:56:15 2010][ta3d][error] [gfx] could not read image file: unitpics\CORTRUCK.pcx (vfs)
?

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:34 pm

hm, CORTRUCK is not a real unit, it doesn't have any build pic (at least in unitpics/) in OTA, so that's normal.

That aiming bug is really strange, I don't really understand why it behaves like this but I'll fix it :twisted:
=>;-D Penguin Powered

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:14 pm

But I remeber there are a Icon Generator in TA3D? maybe a option for generator units icons, like select some from list, then press "OK" and had a free-set?

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:56 pm

Such a tool could be implemented in Lua but it requires developing a bit the Lua API to use the GUI (create/manage windows, read user events, etc ...)
=>;-D Penguin Powered

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:41 pm

:D
When it was lua, maybe can include in AI's work, I will try it tho. But should read some TA3D's code for know what should todo .. well, maybe other one also can do this.