0.6.0 wip r2415

You have tested TA3D, share your experience /
Vous avez testé TA3D, venez partager votre expérience
D.Durand

0.6.0 wip r2415

Post by D.Durand » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:53 am

Hi,

Tested this version.

With the v5, i tried a mod. Now, look like i can play ONLY this mod.
I can't choose other thing than "default" in Option/Game/Current mod.
Even when i delete the mod from my ".ta3d/resources" directory (i'm on linux), ta3d continue to use this one. Weird...

There is a wait when a zoom/un-zoom and the angle change (in french : Quand je zoom/dezoom - avec la molette de souris -, à un moment l'angle de vue change. À ce moment, le zoom/dezoom se bloque pendant une seconde).

I suggest also you can zoom more.

I suggest you can choose the distance when de units are changed in icons.

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Re: 0.6.0 wip r2415

Post by zuzuf » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:29 pm

How did you install the mod ?

The right way to install a mod in TA3D 0.6 is to log into the NetServer service (multiplayer -> Internet from main menu) then click mods and select the mod you want to install/remove/update from the list then click the corresponding button. If you copied the mod files directly to a resource folder, the game cache will be overwritten by the mod files, in order to get back to normal you should delete the cache folder (~/.ta3d/cache). This is done automatically when switching mod in the mod manager (either in the Config menu or in the mod window in Internet screen).

Anyway there was a problem some time ago with the mod system, it's fixed now but I don't remember exactly which svn revision fixed it and the r2415 is a bit old compared to head revision (r2533). I am going to update the repository.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:32 pm

maybe another way to add mod?
When player already download the pack, but no need download again

D.Durand

Post by D.Durand » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:07 pm

Need to log in the internet game ? Errr... There is an ergonomic problem here.

Don't work. I click on "mods", but that don' t do anything. And i don't want to register on the server.

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:10 pm

D.Durand wrote:Need to log in the internet game ? Errr... There is an ergonomic problem here.

Don't work. I click on "mods", but that don' t do anything. And i don't want to register on the server.

Registration and downloading mods are the most easy way to add mod, but if you don`t want to you can just put mod files in /ta3d/resources/mods/ folder with appropriate ta3d.mod file (there are already many of them for different mods).

See here http://trac.ta3d.org/wiki/Mods

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:30 pm

You can write the required files manually if you don't want to register on the multiplayer service (instructions are on the wiki) but you won't get updates.

Registration is currently required but you're right it's not very convenient and technically this could have been avoided ... I just didn't thought about it.

PS: repository has been updated :)
=>;-D Penguin Powered

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:20 pm

I've changed the way it works and now (with current SVN revision) you can install mods without registering. I am going to update the repository.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

D.Durand

Post by D.Durand » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:26 pm

I don't know how the game handle the thing, of course, but why not just read the folders in the mod directory and say "it's directories in there, then it's mods", and list them in the squirmish panel ?

Okay, my update system see the new version and install it. I test it now.

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:29 pm

if you wait just a few minutes I'll have updated the packages with the last revision which includes the "fix" :)
=>;-D Penguin Powered

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:38 pm

Done.

Of course current design could support that with a few modifications but it could lead to conflicts between manually installed mods and mods installed through the Internet service. This service was designed to prevent game content mismatches when playing online games, even if it's still possible to install a mod manually, it's not officially supported.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:25 pm

zuzuf wrote:Done.
Of course current design could support that with a few modifications but it could lead to conflicts between manually installed mods and mods installed through the Internet service. This service was designed to prevent game content mismatches when playing online games, even if it's still possible to install a mod manually, it's not officially supported.
The simpler - the better :P

D.Durand

Post by D.Durand » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:47 pm

Tried. Still impossible to change mod.

No wait, a new version shower itself in the update manager. :oops:

D.Durand

Post by D.Durand » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:38 pm

Okay. After a few test, here my report :

- When i have more than one constructor unit selected and i choose the "guard" option, only one obey.

- When a unit try to go before a stationary unit and this one have already someone to it's left, sometimes the first unit is blocked behind.

- There is yellow dots below planes. for show altitude ?

- I cant play mods that are not in you server. Not even mine (how do you want i mod if i can't test my own mod ?).

- AI love transporters, but never use them.

- When attacked, Coms never defend.

I think my installation is somehow fucked. Do the "default" game have "galactic gate" ?

NB : I miss HP bars.

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:54 pm

Yes, the default game has a galatic gate.

To install/test a mod manually you should follow the instructions on the wiki: http://trac.ta3d.org/wiki/Mods
You just have to create the info.mod file for the mod as described on the wiki in order to have TA3D seeing it as a mod. If it's what you did, then I have something more to fix :)
=>;-D Penguin Powered

D.Durand

Post by D.Durand » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:15 pm

No, i don't have done that. I try it now.