Things missing in gameplay / ce qui manque à la jouabilité

You have tested TA3D, share your experience /
Vous avez testé TA3D, venez partager votre expérience
Corsaire

Things missing in gameplay / ce qui manque à la jouabilité

Post by Corsaire » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:21 pm

I played a bit with TA3D 0.3.0, well... for starters it is impressive, nice job guys.

However I found some things that are actually non-working or not working at the original TA should.

Here's a list, feel free to had the one you'd find to help nailing what TA3D misses.

J'ai joué quelque peu à TA3D, hé bien ... pour commencer je dirai que c'est impressionnant, bravo les gars.

Cependant j'ai trouvé des chose actuellement non-fonctionelles ou ne fonctionnant pas comme le devrait le TA original.

En voici une liste, libre à vous d'en ajouter d'autres pour aider à pointer ce qui manque à TA3D.

-Impossible to attack an empty zone, should work by clicking on 'Attack' and pointing a zone */* impossible d'attaquer une zone vide, cela devrait marcher en cliquant sur 'attaquer' puis en séléctionnant une zone

-Impossible to move or attack a unit using the minimap */* impossible de déplacer ou d'attaquer une unité en se servant de la mini-carte

-boats have trouble to get out of harbor */* les navires ont des difficultés à sortir du chantier naval

-you can fail to select a building when clicking on it due to the structure, for example an harbor is full of holes, if the mouse clicks between, the select fails */* vous pouvez manquer de séléctionner un bâtiment à cause de sa structure, par exemple un chantier naval est plein de trous, si la souris clique entre ceux-ci la sélection échoue

-it would be nice to have something like a double-clic on the wheel mouse button (3 button) to reset the point-of-view when we 've moved the camera around too much and result in an inconfortable display */* il serait bien d'avoir quelque chose comme un double-clic sur le bouton de la roulette de la souris (3e bouton) pour réainitialiser le point-de-vue quand on a trop déplacé la caméra et que l'on se retrouve avec un affichage inconfortable

-planes shouldn't land on water */* les avions ne doivent pas se poser sur l'eau

-Units or buildings being interrupted during construction explodes (should only disappear) */* Les unités ou batiment interrompues en cours de construction explosent (ils devraient simplement disparaitre)

-When you select a building or unit, you can't do a drag-select on other units, you have to right-clic to unselect then drag-select */* quand vous séléctionnez un batiment ou une unité, vous ne pouvez plus faire un drag-select (cliquer et maintenir pour dessiner une zone) sur d'autres unités, vous devez faire un clic-droit pour déselectionner puis un drag-select

-When you select a construction building, start a construction, then clic on a place on the ground (like moving for a unit), the building stops (and the unit being build eventually explodes) */* Quand vous séléctionnez un batiment de construction, lancez une construction, puis cliquez sur un endroit sur le terrain (comme quand on bouge une unité), la construction s'arrête (et l'unité en construction finit par exploser)

-Sometimes when creating a plane at the airport, you can see the building moving meaning building is starting, but it stops and you have to clic on create a plane again to set the construction in motion */* parfois quand on cree un avion à l'aeroport, on peut voir le batiment bouger signifiant que la construction démarre, mais celle-ci s'arrete et il faut re-cliquer sur creer un avion pour mettre la construction en route

-On the map 'ashap plateau' sometimes the construction plane can't build metal extractors in the valley, when select a metal source to build an extractor on it, it just circles aimlessly over the valley */* sur la carte 'ashap plateau' parfois les avions de construction ne peuvent pas construire d'extracteur de métal dans la vallée, quand on séléctionne un gisement pour y construire un extracteur, il faut simplement des tours dans les airs

-We have to specify manually the values for screen resolution we want to use (there should be a selection menu) then completely restart the game */* On doit spécifier à la main les valeurs de la résolution à utiliser (il faudrait un menu ici) puis redémarrer completement le jeu pour les prendre en compte

-We have to specify manually as a number the speed factor of the game, plus it is not very demonstrative */* il faut préciser à la main par un nombre le facteur de vitesse du jeu, de plus ce n'est pas très démonstratif

-When we start a game, quit this game by pressing Esc (back to menu), then start a game again the commander have no building menu, you can't build anything */* Quand on lance une partie, la quitte en pressant Esc (retour au menu), puis lance une partie à nouveau le commandeur n'a plus de menu de construction, vous ne pouvez plus rien construire

-Construction buildings does not resume an interrupted construction even when selected */* Les batiments de construction ne reprennent pas une construction interrompue même sélectionnée

-Frame around the building and units showing the selection frequently disappear into the terrain (it should be forced to be always over) */* le cadre autour des batiments etunites montrant la séléction disparait fréquement dans le terrain (il devrait être forcé de toujours être par-dessus)

-When selecting the commander and choosing to 'guard' on a construction building (so that he'll help the constructions), it produces a nasty sound showing an infinite loop in the program (sort of) */* Quand on sélectionne le commandeur et que l'on choisit 'garder' sur un bâtiment (afin qu'il aide à la construction), il se produit un son désagreable montrant une boucle infinie dans le programme (un truc du genre)

-When choosing a high speed factor (something like 10) you can see something like the commander skating on the ground, he moves fast but his movements still are slow */* Quand on sélectionneun facteur de vitesse élevé (quelque chose comme 10) peut voir quelque chose comme le commandeur faisant du patin sur le sol, il se déplace rapidement mais ses mouvements sont toujours lents

-the red and green colors on the +/- ressources indicator should be added to give more visibility */* les couleurs rouge et vertes sur les indicateurs de ressources devraient être mises pour plus de visibilité

-Use the wheel mouse to change the point-of-view, go to the extremity of the two possibility and you'll find yourself moving on the terrain and have to manually re-focus on your original location, this shouldn't happen and always leave you at the exact same place */* utilisez la roulette de la souris pour changer de point de vue, allez dans les deux extremes et vous vous verrez bouger sur le terrain vous obligeant à recentrer sur votre position originale manuellement, ceci ne devrait pas arriver et vous laisser au même endroit

-When using the wheel mouse, there's a moment when you're going zoom up-down, and a moment when you're changing your view angle (a la Warcraft3), there should be a 'dead angle' at the moment we change into the two behaviour to show we are back at nominal position (I've got an idea how to do this) */* lorsque l'on utilise la roulette de souris, à un moment on se déplace en zoom haut-bas, et à un moment on change d'angle de vue (a la Warcraft3), il devrait y avoir un 'angle mort' au moment où l'on change entre les deux comportements pour montrer que l'on est en position nominale (j'ai une idee de comment realiser cela)

-more languages, the more TA3D is knowned and used, the more active the project will become (I can translate in Japanese) */* plus de langues, plus TA3D sera connu et utilisé, plus le projet sera actif (je peux traduire en japonais)

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:06 pm

Thanks for comments! Well, there are many usefull information in your message. Some of them are already fixed. I`ll ask Zuzuf to release new test version to search for the new bugs :wink:

You don`t have to write in french, all the visiters can at least read in inglish. About language, resolution, camera fixes - it can be done later, after finishing network support and movement/firing animation.

I`ll merge your message with bugfix section in the Test thread.

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:11 pm

thanks !! That's great, new bugs to fix :D :D :D , I'd already noticed some of them but lots were unknown ( a few are related to the change made to the time management/threading system ). There are a few memory leaks I didn't find yet that are making the game crash or behave oddly as soon as this is fixed we'll have something more stable.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Corsaire

Post by Corsaire » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:23 pm

New bugs found :

-On some maps (like Dark Side) when building a metal extractor, the metal gain does not change, it's like you earn nothing.
Works on map Metal Heck.

-like the bug previously reported :
"When choosing a high speed factor (something like 10) you can see something like the commander skating on the ground, he moves fast but his movements still are slow".
Same thing happens to construction and explosion animations, for example when enemy commander exploses there is no visible explosion, the 'Victory' message just pops up

-Units often gets stuck in the construction building, the new unit doesn't move and the building eventually closes on the unit still into it (a not pretty sight).

-When pressing Shift key to make a chain construction, the commander can be stucked in his own constructions (it gets too close into the building zone, for example near a field of solar generators when the panels opens)

-Units sometimes gets stuck when passing near a building, like if there were no room to pass but there is plenty

-Click is sometimes not detected, you have to click twice or press longer on the click button

-Fog of war and uncovered zones are not reported in the mini-map, you can see everything from the start

-There is no radar range in the mini-map (nor for the Commander nor for the radar towers)

-When two of your units are shooting side by side in the same direction you can sometimes see the missile of one of the two units poping in the back of of the other and hitting it.

-Moving around (with the scroll keys or touching the edges with your mouse), is too slow (feels like moving a mammouth)

-When selecting several units and clicking on the terrain to move them, it sometimes only moves one of the units

-When you want to move a unit, having a building in the middle of the path, it won't move (should just walk around it)

-Planes can get on parked on strange places and one over each other, happens on maps borders (I made a screenshot if needed)

Corsaire

Post by Corsaire » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:44 pm

more tests and findings :

-the commander doesn't have the supplementary menus (to capture for example)

-AI does not work, the enemy commander just sit where it is without moving at all

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:26 pm

Yep, that`s all in progress :)

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:56 pm

I've just made a test build, but it's very buggy, so don't expect it to be very playable.

http://ta3d.sourceforge.net/ta3d-0-3-1-TEST-2.tar.bz2

I would like you to test the threading code. I know it might freeze, but it might be because I deactivated the particle engine which uses it's own thread to run ( but I only prevented it from adding/drawing particles )
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:15 pm

Cool!! Let`s work :)

Corsaire

Post by Corsaire » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:26 pm

Doesn't compile for me

config.status: error: cannot find input file: src/Makefile.in

And if I take the 0.3.0 src/Makefile.in to put it in this place I have this :

sound.cpp:35: error: ‘SOUND_MANAGER’ does not name a type
sound.cpp:138: error: ‘SOUND_MANAGER’ has not been declared
sound.cpp: In function ‘void play(char*, VECTOR, bool)’:
sound.cpp:141: error: ‘nb_sound’ was not declared in this scope
sound.cpp:144: error: ‘is_in_cache’ was not declared in this scope
sound.cpp:145: error: ‘sample’ was not declared in this scope
sound.cpp:145: error: ‘nb_sound’ was not declared in this scope
sound.cpp:145: error: ‘get_from_cache’ was not declared in this scope
sound.cpp:147: error: ‘voice’ was not declared in this scope
sound.cpp:148: error: ‘pos’ was not declared in this scope
sound.cpp:149: error: ‘sound3d’ was not declared in this scope
sound.cpp:162: error: ‘sample’ was not declared in this scope
sound.cpp:162: error: ‘nb_sound’ was not declared in this scope
sound.cpp:165: error: ‘put_in_cache’ was not declared in this scope
sound.cpp:166: error: ‘voice’ was not declared in this scope
sound.cpp:167: error: ‘pos’ was not declared in this scope
sound.cpp:168: error: ‘sound3d’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [sound.o] Erreur 1

*edit* Okay Pb found, you need FmodEx, I asked zuzuf to make the configure more annoying about it so I will tell clearly it's missing.

BTW, are you sometimes on irc.etigris.com #ta3d ? (I am right now)
Last edited by Corsaire on Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:53 pm

I`ve tryed it and it runs pretty smooth! Cool work Zuff!

There are minor bugs, but they could be solved later. The main trouble - game hungs up if any unit begin to fire and hit ally or enemy unit.
Check the damage recieve algorythm or something like that.

And check map selection algorythms. A want CHOSE different maps with external map packs. Now it hungs up, after clicking on the map window in game setting screen.

Ships are trembling while build (already mentioned several times). Some bugs with reflection - but can be solved later.

And Zuzuf - add default defence.c AU algorythm.
Are there detailed textures? Can`t see any :(

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:02 pm

there are details textures, just zoom in ( close enough to the ground ) and you'll see it. But you need to enable this manually in the ta3d.cfg file.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:01 am

Ok, I`ll try it now.

And I`ll try to merge all the bugs in Bugs discussion topic.