Bugs on 0.6.0. Beta 6

You have tested TA3D, share your experience /
Vous avez testé TA3D, venez partager votre expérience
Balthazar

Bugs on 0.6.0. Beta 6

Post by Balthazar » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:41 am

Can`t manage to run TA Excess 2. It consists of only 1 file Gok31.gp3, but adding it to /ta3d/mods/Excess2/ or /ta3d/resources/mods/Excess2 doesn`t brings it in options menu.

Also - there is no /recources/mods/ folder by default and there are no .mod files ither. Was the mod scructure reworked or it was just removed occasionly?

The source of TA Excess 2 - http://files.tauniverse.com/library/ta/ ... pha_1e.zip

Adding Gok31.gp3 in /resources/ folder with totala1.hpi don`t affect the game.

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Re: Bugs on 0.6.0. Beta 6

Post by zuzuf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:12 am

Mods are not handled in the same way in 0.6 and in 0.5 because of the mod repository stuffs. If you want to manually add a mod you should follow instructions on the wiki page:
http://trac.ta3d.org/wiki/Mods

Adding archives may not affect the game if the cache is not cleared.

There is an entry for TA Excess 2 in the repository which should be updated, installing the mod from the repository and updating its files manually should work (this mod requires some specific paths in the ta3d.mod file so it's probably easier this way).
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:16 am

Thanks, it`s much clearer now. I`ll try this :P

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Doesn`t work. When connected to ta3d online mod repository and after downloading it (it is stored in /resources/mods by default!) i can`t select it in options.

Copying it to /ta3d/mods with ta3d.mod file doesn`t help ither. So i suppose it`s a bug :P

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Gok and TA esc still need work on them.
Does TA excess work for you? /:^}

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:08 pm

It does not.

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:24 am

A few more suggestions.

- shader waves (when waves turn to off) should have option to be turned off. There are many OTA maps where water shore don`t match the height map and the shader waves (or linear waves) looks very odd when apearing somewhere in the middle of the lake. So i suggest to remove linear waves at all and make the option flag Waves on/off affect the shader waves.

- area of weight of units (distance where they begin to push near units) should be reduced on 30-40%.
- movement animation don`t stop when unit ordered to shoot near object if it don`t need to move closer (not it stay on one place with movement animation and firing at the target. Noticed on ArmComm).

slogic

Post by slogic » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:25 am

Mine bug report:
1) MOVE command is not translated to GUARD or REPAIR when clicking on friendly units (REPAIR is when builder selected & when i clicked unit that has less than 100% health). It is very inconvenient to play without it because i always have to switch a page in build menu & select appropriate order.
2) SHIFT + unit click + another unit click etc. should add this units to selected group
3) i can't decline building mode after i selected it in menu. I set right click interface. When i selected a building clicking with my right mouse button on free game space should cancel my selecting.
4) press Ctrl+C, then click any area on the minimap and camera still moves to commander until i deselect him. Looks like Ctrl+C mode is active which is smth new cause it should be executed once. There is no Ctrl+C _mode_ in OTA.
5) when i started to draw selection box & move the camera the left top corner of selecting box is not binded to 3D position. It is binded to my viewport window & i can't select units more than i see in my viewport window!
6) PAUSE is not always work (i played in a window)
7) when scrolling with mouse there is some threshold (in the middle of max zoom & minimal zoom) where i need to scroll more cause single scrolls not working
8) there were 7 Pelicans on the water. I selected all of them then click to move. Only 3 of them started to move.
9) Pelicans don't shoot air with their missiles (at least VTOL builders).
10) view bugs with some textures on features. They flicker with some artefact lines. I observed this issue for Spring sometime & then they fixed it somehow. I have ATI HD3850 videocard.
11) Pressing F12 makes two TGA files instead of one. Also i can't open them with popular viewers. Strange format.

There are some other issues but the first 9 above are vital to make TA3D gameplay not irritate a player.

Suggestion:
1) make x.5 speed available. 1.0x is very slow for me, 2.0x is too fast.
2) make Ctrl + scroll to change camera angle like in Spring. I don't like default behaviour & also don't want to turn orthogonal mode on.

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:52 am

slogic wrote: 7) when scrolling with mouse there is some threshold (in the middle of max zoom & minimal zoom) where i need to scroll more cause single scrolls not working
It was done so you could find the default Zoom position (the one you chose in options). This treshold is showing - "this is the default zoom"

slogic

Post by slogic » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:14 am

I don't like it. Scrolling should be smooth. Why do i need to know some default position when i'm adjusting zoom for my own needs?

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:30 am

Then there should be an option to chose the way you like to zoom.