Bugs on 0.6.0. alpha 16

You have tested TA3D, share your experience /
Vous avez testé TA3D, venez partager votre expérience
Balthazar

Bugs on 0.6.0. alpha 16

Post by Balthazar » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:12 pm

A small gameplay bug:

Cloaked unit should becomes visible for some time if it is firing and returns back to cloaked state in a while.

And talking about automatic radar targeting - in TA there is a variable in units tdf - istargetingupgrade that can be 0 or 1. If it`s set to 1 - units can autoshoot everything that have been located on radars if it is set to 0 - units can only autoshoot the one they or ally unit directly see in FOV.

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Re: Bugs on 0.6.0. alpha 16

Post by zuzuf » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:07 pm

interesting I didn't know that :)
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:26 pm

Now you do :P

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:37 am

another bug found. /:^}
When wheel on Menu, build menu, then try wheel on main area, the wheel some time didn't work, some time be slow.

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:52 am

Any news on alpha 17? Any progress with the new pathfindong :P ?

P.S. There are many players in russia who like TA3D :P Many of them don`t know english, but i translating stuff for them :P

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:22 am

I've moved to Paris recently, and I don't have a reliable Internet access at home yet (only at university :( ) and I also have some other priorities for the next few days so I won't be working that much on TA3D this week.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:33 pm

zuzuf wrote:I've moved to Paris recently, and I don't have a reliable Internet access at home yet (only at university :( ) and I also have some other priorities for the next few days so I won't be working that much on TA3D this week.
Yay! Congratulations on the moving! You`ll stay in Paris for a long time? It`s a good opportunity to drink for that :P

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:53 pm

for at least 1 year (until I finish my studies at Telecom Paris-Tech).
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:20 pm

Good! Best of luck Zuzuf :P

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:24 pm

thanks!
=>;-D Penguin Powered

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:53 am

bad for point crash code, that I just have little time on test /:^| some mins per day

It crash when change setting
This is first time on this folden change setting, that mean I had play some game on this folden after unpacked, but hadn't change setting before this time. Look like the setting had be changed, and had bak, it maybe crash on close file or on enter main menu, or some other case. A thing, that I had alt+tab out for check somethings, but after alt-tab to ta3d cmd console, the mouse be lock on console, so just alt-tab back to option for save and left game. It crash after save setting.
After some time test, I found it crash when exchange full screen on win32.
When debug TA3D, after I press save, it's funny, hehe. Debuger catch exception, so TA3D didn't show the crash message, just keep option, it mean after save setting the menu didn't show up when exception catch with bypassed, and in this case, the setting didn't change at first time, but the "save be changed?" message will show up after some time, it maybe due to the file had loaded after before times(these times' crash be catched and bypassed), so it worked funny on a debuger. /:^}~~ this time stdout as stdout2.rar

well, 3rd note:

Load on debug, try to catch all types excptions, but no idea on the result are same:
First time toggle full screen to window, the save will be false, didn't make sure did it saved to setting(cause I can't reshow this case!!!), but the normaly case it should show a ask yes/no message at now. And look like some things be catched that the screen flashed, but no spec log on debuger's log, and then press save will normal back to TA3D menu without problem without option change, on this time, just enter option, change to window and saved, it message that "ask about save or no be" show out, it work fine.
But when toggle window to full screen, it crash, and be catched, the most interesting things is, after this time I catched the crash, ta3d saved no problem! OH great damn it! I forget save that time's log so it just going, but send the setting as "before wokred last settings.rar", maybe it give some help /:^|
and funny, after that time, the game talbe(after exit war) had the background as normal, although it still crash when back to main menu. save a this time stdout as stdout3.rar
On this case, I think beable to assume it as a cache(file) problem.
And for that file crash, guess crash when try to read a wrong URL file, but it also can assign a hash code or other nearly code problem, didn't check end. This hash problem can be c run time library problem, it always crash due to try to access a out of malloc size memory
That campaign crash happen when try to copy a list of strings delay 0x12 bytes(move to 8bytes after old string), and it crash when try to move some strings to a really far address that didn't malloced, maybe give more size when molloc that for campaign strings. It must was crash after try to load files. And well, it's funny if ta3d just crash due to didn't consider longer files list than... And, try to study ta3d sources, that get to learn some c++ syntax /:^|
It also should be crash like so, when malloc the memory for filename lists, didn't consider the file name length but put last one filename out memory, or didn't calc that last one NULL byte in malloc size...
Add a accessed strings list before crash(log.txt), lol for this think :P

9.27 (3:30 am /:^|)
for another one crash, that game table "ok" botton, it also crash on same addr but didn't had a hardly crash, that mean some time game release lots files then crash, some time just crash when list little file. And this one just crash without rule

The most possable reason was diffrent from CRT
That linux CRT was diffrent from WIN32, and maybe Balthazar's MSCRT was nearly linux, maybe upload and packed on win32 version.
Attachments
new help translate.rar
(5.77 KiB) Downloaded 1005 times

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:58 am

It happen on some maps, and the normaly campaign maps always load without problem.
This maybe crash on this:
TA3D load a map and decide load as lave map due to map type tag, but the it didn't have any lava terran, so just crash due to zero problem, /:^}~~~

un-root folden resources crash, on this case ta3d crash when loging opengl, so confused me some times /:^]
But it was crash on no hpi files

downloading alpha 17, so there problem write in 16 bugs