Help installing the game on Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

You have a problem with TA3D, it doesn't run or it crashes...
/
Vous avez un problème avec TA3D, il ne se lance pas ou plante...
Clee-Saan

Help installing the game on Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Post by Clee-Saan » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:41 pm

Hi, i did a quick lookup on the FAQ and the boards but did not find anything regarding my question. I hope i did not miss something, and if i did please link me to the thread.

Anyway, i've been playing TAspring for a while now but always found sad that there was barely no singleplayer in it. That's when i heard of TA3D, and it really looks like an amazing game, congrats for the work you've done.

So here's my issue : I installed the game by adding this repository to my software sources "deb http://ta3d.darkstars.co.uk/apt/ stable main", and then using the "sudo apt-get install ta3d" command to install everything. But when i type "ta3d" in the console to start up the game, i get the following error message : " ta3d: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libagl.so.0.4.4: undefined symbol: font_vtable_trans "

How do i fix that ? I read on your website that i had to use the ".install-sh" command while having the TA CDs in my drives, which i tried, but i got the following message : " bash: .install-sh : unknown command " so i guess i did it wrong.

Advice ?

On a side note, i see that the site is both in french and in english. I can speak both, which one gives me the highest odds to find help quickly ?
-The thousand planets of the Core Empire descend upon you, rebel. Our reapers will hide the sunlight.
-Then we'll reclaim our solar collectors !

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:53 pm

I am French so if you feel better with French ... on the other hand there will be more people able to help you if you use English :wink: .

The install script isn't in the package ... I've just seen that. But it only calls ta3d with the --install parameter, so running "ta3d --install" should do it :).

But the other problem is those packages have been built for hardy/intrepid. I didn't test them with Gutsy. It seems to be a problem with AllegroGL not being able to find some symbol somewhere (maybe in Allegro). Maybe compiling AllegroGL for Gutsy would fix this, I'll try, if it does and remains compatible with hardy/intrepid I'll update the packages.

Thanks for reporting
=>;-D Penguin Powered