Ubuntu Hardy libc6.so.6

You have a problem with TA3D, it doesn't run or it crashes...
/
Vous avez un problème avec TA3D, il ne se lance pas ou plante...
akoutsoulelos

Ubuntu Hardy libc6.so.6

Post by akoutsoulelos » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:21 pm

Hi everybody

I've added the repository and installed the TA3D with apt, but when I try to run the game, bash prompts:

ta3d: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.8' not found (required by ta3d)

which obviously means Hardy's version (2.7) does not meet the game's requirements.

Is there a way to surpass this problem? I searched Ubuntu's launchpad, but still don't know which excactly packages should I download to upgrade the gnu c libraries to the latest (?) version (I think 2.9)...

Any help / ideas...??

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:51 pm

no don't change your glibc version it may make your system instable or you may run into several compatibility problems.

I noticed that a bit late. Those packages have been built on Intrepid (8.10) and because of the glibc update, they are not compatible with hardy :(.

I am going to release 0.5.2 this week end and built new packages compatible with hardy.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

akoutsoulelos

Post by akoutsoulelos » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:03 pm

zuzuf wrote:Those packages have been built on Intrepid (8.10) and because of the glibc update, they are not compatible with hardy :(.
Thanks anyway for the reply!
I found out about your project through Ubuntu Games Arena and digged out the game (strange it still existed in my drawer)... I'll wait for the next version, since the screenshots look very promising...

akoutsoulelos

Post by akoutsoulelos » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:40 pm

sorry, I forgot to reply...

Everything's perfect now... Thanx a lot!

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:27 pm

glad to know that :)
=>;-D Penguin Powered