Ta3d 0.5.0 Test 8 problem

You have a problem with TA3D, it doesn't run or it crashes...
/
Vous avez un problème avec TA3D, il ne se lance pas ou plante...
bigman2008

Ta3d 0.5.0 Test 8 problem

Post by bigman2008 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:39 pm

Hi all,
I have a problem with allegro alleggl on Fujitsu Lifebook N6420, here are specs, Core2 Duo 2.0ghz 667mhz fsb, Mobility Radeon X1600 512MB video memory 256M dedicated, 2x 100gb sata hdds, Windows Xp and Vista Dualboot, 2gb Ram. I atart Ta3d and it thinks Opengl isn't supported, here is whats so funny Spring runs fine on Vista and Xp. SDL must be why Spring works and Allegro GL must be what is causing the problem I am having. Please look into this and I have the latest ATI Mobility Video Driver installed in XP SP2. Starts and immediately crashes.

Josh

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:20 am

can you paste here your ta3d.log file ? you'll find it in c:\documents and settings\user_name\local settings\application data\ta3d\logs\

Also have you installed TA archives ? (normally it should display a message, but sometimes this fails and crashes)
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Doors

Re: Ta3d 0.5.0 Test 8 problem

Post by Doors » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:58 am

bigman2008 wrote:Hi all,
I have a problem with allegro alleggl on Fujitsu Lifebook N6420, here are specs, Core2 Duo 2.0ghz 667mhz fsb, Mobility Radeon X1600 512MB video memory 256M dedicated, 2x 100gb sata hdds, Windows Xp and Vista Dualboot, 2gb Ram. I atart Ta3d and it thinks Opengl isn't supported, here is whats so funny Spring runs fine on Vista and Xp. SDL must be why Spring works and Allegro GL must be what is causing the problem I am having. Please look into this and I have the latest ATI Mobility Video Driver installed in XP SP2. Starts and immediately crashes.

Josh
Give the demo from my site a try.

I have the shaders disabled which seems to make a huge difference with ATI (sometimes) for reasons beyond my understanding.

If you try it, it will install in c:\games\ta3d by default.

I also have the resources set locally so you would just need to look in the logs directory under it; c:\games\ta3d\logs to get it when it crashes.

Also there are problems with the ATI driver installs, they don't always properly install opengl support. I had that problem in winxp-sp3, it is normally caused by the atioglxx.dll file either not being installed or incorrectly installed.

Don't give up looking for the fix, on the couple of dozen systems I have worked on with this problem, i've had seven different solutions work with no pattern and the previous solutions not work.

The ati video drivers are some of the worst there are, catalyst control panel is the biggest peice of *($#$&^ i have ever seen outside of IE&OE themselves.

I use the omega drivers myself but still have the occasional problem with opengl.
Don't just look at the future through a window.
Open a door and go there.
http://ta3d.freedoors.org
http://www.freedoors.org
http://baencd.freedoors.org