How To Start?

You have a problem with TA3D, it doesn't run or it crashes...
/
Vous avez un problème avec TA3D, il ne se lance pas ou plante...
ArsenyZvonar

How To Start?

Post by ArsenyZvonar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:21 am

Hello guys. Long time ago I played in the total annihilation. Now I found this project and wanted to try it. I download version 0.6.0 (archive) and unpacked it. But when I ran exe file, it said me "RESOURCE ERROR". What i need to do to fix it and launch the game?

And sorry, my english is poor :P

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Re: How To Start?

Post by zuzuf » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:30 am

Hi,

the game comes with an installer for OTA resource files (that's the ota_resources_installer.sh/bat script). It will ask for the game CDs (some of which can be skipped if you don't have all the extensions). You can also copy manually the .hpi, .ccx and .ufo files to the resources folder, which will be the resources folder in the game folder on windows, and the $HOME/.ta3d/resources folder on Linux.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

ArsenyZvonar

Post by ArsenyZvonar » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:35 am

zuzuf wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:30 am
Hi,

the game comes with an installer for OTA resource files (that's the ota_resources_installer.sh/bat script). It will ask for the game CDs (some of which can be skipped if you don't have all the extensions). You can also copy manually the .hpi, .ccx and .ufo files to the resources folder, which will be the resources folder in the game folder on windows, and the $HOME/.ta3d/resources folder on Linux.
Well, what i need to do? I try to launch ota_resources_installer.sh, but it doesnt work. I use Windows 7 x64.

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:43 am

The .sh script is for Linux, run the .bat one.
=>;-D Penguin Powered