Crash

You have a problem with TA3D, it doesn't run or it crashes...
/
Vous avez un problème avec TA3D, il ne se lance pas ou plante...
geisthund

Crash

Post by geisthund » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:20 am

TA3d is extremely unstable for me. If I so much as try to build something I crash out immediately. If I pan out it doesn't crash, but if I zoom in on the enemy commander building stuff it crashes.

anyway this crash occurred even before all that with the map "night TA"... seems to be something wrong with loading green rocks?
Attachments
error.JPG

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Re: Crash

Post by zuzuf » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:28 am

Ok, it's probably a bug in TA3D 0.5.x TDF parser. Can you try last 0.6 beta (cf http://www.ta3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1611) ?

Core components are much more stable in 0.6 branch now (and there are already a couple of betas, so we're getting close to RC state :) ). Beware that you'll have to remove the resource set I added in the resources folder in the last beta (just leave intro and languages folder) because it seems to be buggy on windows.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

geisthund

Post by geisthund » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:56 am

um sorry to be a pain... but how do i install a beta? do i copy the files into my directory and overwrite the existing ones? (of course, i mean into a backup directory of my game directory)

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:25 pm

Extract a beta archive from ftp://downloads.ta3d.org/binaries/windows/dev/0.6/.

Just extract it in a new folder, it doesn't need to change anything in the windows registry.
=>;-D Penguin Powered