Some Issues regarding TA3D 0.6.0 Beta 4

You have a problem with TA3D, it doesn't run or it crashes...
/
Vous avez un problème avec TA3D, il ne se lance pas ou plante...
BPzeBanshee

Some Issues regarding TA3D 0.6.0 Beta 4

Post by BPzeBanshee » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:50 am

Two key problems I noticed (graphic-wise) can be seen in this picture:
Also, when I first loaded the program it froze when loading. I terminated it via Task Manager and then loaded it again and it worked fine. The loading bar does seem terribly long though compared to OTA.
The swich between Free View and Locked View is a bit difficult to get to when there's other buttons in place of it.

On the bright side, the water looks nice. And every other problem I see so far looks like it's already in the process of being fixed so it's all good. :D

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Re: Some Issues regarding TA3D 0.6.0 Beta 4

Post by zuzuf » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:51 am

Can you send me your ta3d.log and ta3d.cfg files please ?
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:27 pm

I see you have a texture bug present there (not the black one, but the green one). It`s because of your ATI video card (just like i have myself). Turn off Texture compression in options menu to fix it and disable projection (to get exactly-TA style picture).

BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:28 am

@zuzuf:
I couldn't attach the files to this forum so I had to Rapidshare it as a .7z. Sorry for any inconvenience. Hopefully this might be of help to other graphic-related bugs that I'm sure you're aware of already. :)
@Balthazzar:
Thanks for the heads-up on the ortographic camera, but from what I can tell there is no difference between having Texture compression on or off on said machine (which is a dual-booting Mac with an ATI graphics card). 800x600 resolution makes a LOT of difference though for having that Free-View switch right in with build buttons.

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:49 am

files quota limit was reached, I increased it so next time it should work.

Does the problem disappear if you run the game with shadows disabled or far sight mode disabled ?
=>;-D Penguin Powered

BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:58 am

Putting Shadows at Normal detail or off does the trick (had it on High before), however as a result of mucking around with Shadow and Far Sight settings seemed to do something with the sky rendering though (not reflecting on all parts or even any of the water which I swear worked beautifully last time I ran TA3D). I'll continue to investigate that area of things.
EDIT: Sky rendering is fine, must've been some setting I flicked. I like the water texturing and stuff, it looks really good (besides the waves, which I just turned off). I notice a blue water line at the top of the map though when it should be black like every other edge. Want a screenshot?
EDIT2: Just found Beta 5 of TA3D, am downloading now and will test for all previous problems with that.
EDIT3: Found buildings such as Shipyards unable to be built by the Construction Ship, yet GUI glitches with the Hovercraft lab work fine now. All other problems still persist.