AI Difficulty

You have a problem with TA3D, it doesn't run or it crashes...
/
Vous avez un problème avec TA3D, il ne se lance pas ou plante...
cam_man

AI Difficulty

Post by cam_man » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:05 am

I have a question:

The AI difficulty levels don't seem to do anything in my games. I set the difficulty to easy and it was, as expected, easy.

The problem came when I allied 3 AIs and put them all on "Bloody" and all they did was build a few kbots and lots of metal extractors. Nothin'.

Any thoughts? It makes for a rather boring skirmish...

Also, just out of curiosity - I build massive amounts of airplanes but they all seem to get destroyed within minutes when I send them all in. In the original TA I would be able to destroy entire bases before losing the bulk of my aircraft. Were there changes in stuff like that?

Balthazar

Re: AI Difficulty

Post by Balthazar » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:29 am

There are some bugs in aircraft behaviour like Brawlers or Rapier. Also the bombers was kinda broken. So planes don`t have such abilities as in TA yet.

About AI - the difference between ddifferent levels is timelag between AI actions, on easy AI have 5 sec lag after each build command issued. On the bloody difficulty level the time lag is absent.

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:40 am

Which TA3D version do you use ?

I remember TA3D 0.5 AI was not very efficient, but in 0.6 branch it's much more interesting :D

NB: TA3D 0.6 is current dev branch but it should become stable soon as it is already in beta stage.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:15 pm

Well, dunno :P Since the new Pathfinding i haven`t had an opportunity to play against the AI. Hope i`ll get the chance soon :P

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:32 pm

Usually against several AI opponents (set to bloody :P) I win only because they don't stop growing their base until they can't build new units (I set unit limit to 250 per player, usually).

AI has become more challenging (now that it gathers enough resources to fulfill its needs) and much more aggressive. However built-in AI decisions are affected by the random numbers generator so there is a possibility that AI might be completely stupid but it shouldn't happen too often.
=>;-D Penguin Powered