What's the purpose of TA3D mod?

You have a problem with TA3D, it doesn't run or it crashes...
/
Vous avez un problème avec TA3D, il ne se lance pas ou plante...
slogic

What's the purpose of TA3D mod?

Post by slogic » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:02 pm

Tried Version: 0.5.4- (r1819). I'm able to select two mods in configuration: none & ta3d. What is "none"? OTA? And what's TA3D? Is it just a converted stuff (should be in future?) from OTA to speed up loading? I'm confused.

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Re: What's the purpose of TA3D mod?

Post by zuzuf » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:09 pm

selecting none will disable the Virtual File System patching mechanism, so TA3D will load and play the archives that are in the root folders of the resource paths (basically your ta3d install dir on windows) and won't look at your mods folder.

The TA3D mod is a mod containing all OTA content that has been remade freely. For now this is really limited (cursors, evolva models, in game GUI buttons in 0.6 branch). When this work will be finished the TA3D mod should be available as a set of base resources (no more a mod since it'll be stand alone and OTA compatible) that can be used by those who don't own TA or who want to play with higher details.

In no way the "TA3D mod" contains stuffs converted from OTA, it 100% free resource set.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

slogic

Post by slogic » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:17 pm

So, currently TA3D is a combination of root folder resources & new ones in /mods/ta3d/ folder. Right?

As for "none" mode i think it should be called "default". I know that OTA is a mod itself that is why my first impression of "none" mod was "you just can't play anything". Anyway, this is just a suggestion. May be my association is wrong for most part of TA fans.

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:23 pm

indeed default would be better ...
I am going to change that :P
=>;-D Penguin Powered