about game

You think of something which could be added to TA3D post here! /
Vous pensez à quelque chose que l'on pourrait ajouter à TA3D, postez ici!
xpoy

about game

Post by xpoy » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:08 pm

haha, i don't have a good title

i wanna play TA3d with my friend,but it show me a problem,they no time to adapt TA3d before they deside wait ago TA3d 1.00.
just need some script game tell player some useful things.
About TA3d's own campaign,my frirend very interesting in this, but fortunately,his english poor than me.and so,i wanna the Visualization script editor,hmm,may now it can be unimportant.But a day,there must a script editor Not subject to Language

in last,i just show my ecstasy!how great your job,it's crazy,nice job in multigame

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:57 pm

you can experiment game scripts, it's basic lua and you have all the functions prototypes in a .txt file in docs/.

Current TA3D version needs a main function in game script. This function is called every tick but global code is executed at loading time, so you can initialize things. If you need examples, run a campaign mission, leave the game and read the __campaign_script.lua file created in [archive_resource_folder]/scripts/, it's a lua version of mission commands.

As far as TA3D 1.0 is concerned, we're almost there regarding the engine, but the main requirement for 1.0 is a free set of resources in order to get a standalone and completely free game.

If you want you can help us with that, it's all about creating HD versions of TA textures/units/weapons/...

anyway thanks for posting :wink:
=>;-D Penguin Powered

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:22 am

HD versions of TA textures/units/weapons/...

well,i think i can call some friend help in it,but may need a Simplified version editer,or it had show every things in Clear Icon?
just send a editer and list of Need to be changes.

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:23 pm

in the source package there is a mods/ta3d folder which contains the list of what needs to be remade. Currently there is only one tool to make 24/32 bits GAFs : the hpiview module of ta3d, it is included in the ta3d binary (type ta3d --help for more information).

There is a bug in this module in 0.5.0 and 0.5.1, it's fixed in current 0.5.x dev branch so 0.5.2 will contain the fix.

Basically it's just making new images to replace the ones in the TA GAF files (you can extract them using "ta3d --extract-gaf")
=>;-D Penguin Powered

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:18 am

well, replace GAFs to HD.
may i can brower HD moder, but not GAFs,may need you conver
Format

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:40 pm

no problem, we'll implement support for unpacked GAFs (a simple set of TGA images), that way you won't need to pack images into GAFs (this will be done later when making the final resource archive).
=>;-D Penguin Powered