dedicated server and integrated map and unit editor

You think of something which could be added to TA3D post here! /
Vous pensez à quelque chose que l'on pourrait ajouter à TA3D, postez ici!
bigman2008

dedicated server and integrated map and unit editor

Post by bigman2008 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:02 pm

I think this would be better than SupCom if it had a dedicated server for automated lan and internet play with supportt for voting for maps and picking on based on minority or majority rules.

Also adding a team button to the skirmish an network lobby would be great as well as a way to select how many units per player or for the game.

An integrasted game tools and multiplayer autosave, save, and load game. gae tools Map and mision editor unit editor/compiler, and mod designer with ui editing.

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:11 pm

yeah would be great to have some more tools :) . Would you like to help us creating our HD set of resources once we have the appropriate tools ?
=>;-D Penguin Powered

bigman2008

HD res

Post by bigman2008 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:42 pm

maybe so how easy will it be to do it.

also what archives are supported?

050t4 crashes with hpi files in multiplayer.

how do i lad original; menus?

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:45 pm

TA3D supports the same archive format as TA : HPIs (*.hpi, *.ufo, *.ccx, *.gp*), and can read archives using all the decompression methods used by TA and its add-ons.

If you help us build the tools you need by telling us what you need it shouldn't be too hard :P
=>;-D Penguin Powered

bigman2008

add zip support

Post by bigman2008 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:57 pm

can you add support for zip archives, I believe they would load quicker than hpi ccx gp and ufo also add a unit pack manger and support for 1000+ units in one archive. also add a folder for unit packs and expansions, because the game runs really slow if you put lots of archives in the root dir.

if you could add zip support and send me a built package to jbooker@bookerfamily.info.

Zip files are 1000x faster loading than hpi.

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:58 pm

there is already a folder for mods, you can also put your unit sets/maps here.

zip support isn't planned and I doubt it would be faster since we use a cache, there is virtually no decompression at loading time (only when building cache). What takes time is compressing textures, if we disable texture compression then it loads much faster ... but also takes much more memory.

Currently there is no limit to the number of units you can put in one archive, put as many as you want TA3D will load them.
=>;-D Penguin Powered