A bit of a suggestions...

You think of something which could be added to TA3D post here! /
Vous pensez à quelque chose que l'on pourrait ajouter à TA3D, postez ici!
Sarwajagat

A bit of a suggestions...

Post by Sarwajagat » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:52 am

1)True 2 phase weapons,example a sub launching VLS in the water. 1st state is an underwater weapon,that will damage nearby unit if the unit happen to be above the launch trajectory. 2nd state is a normal VLS missile.Another example is a nuke that able to split to other 4 different warheads when it's going to be intercepted or going to strike its target.

2)True beam weapons like the MKL laser please!

3)True bounce tag for beam/lightning/other weapons(like plasma shell etc),the beam/lightning bounces off a few targets if it fired near a cluster of unit.Need tracking=1; tag in order to work.Like this,

[LIGHTNING]
BounceCount=5; //Dictates how many times the weapon can bounce off a different target
BounceDamageDecay=0.2; //Tells how much weapon damage is reduced each time the weapon projectile bounces a target.Value used is current weapon damage value.
BounceRadius=10; //Tells how far the weapon can bounce to another target if it hit a target.circular range in pixel

4)Icons for weapon projectile on a zoomed off map,to see which weapon is which! particularly useful if you find a VLS missile going towards you while in zoomed off mode.

5)Advanced commands for multiple strategic nuclear launchers.Like Launch All, or Delayed Launch options! Seeing this made me think that such feature could be cool,whereby a player can tell a silo to stockpile fire command with Delayed Launch order and fire at seven different targets in one launch!

6)True walking ship behaviour, like TwoState tag for a ship unit in fbi that dictates the behaviour of a unit differently while it's on land or on water.Like different acceleration values,etc.

7)The shield thing i posted! :P

8]True transformable units

9)True upgrade detection status

10)True limiting firing arc function,in unit script to tell what is the limit angle of the turret it can spin to fire the weapon,like LimitFireArc = 120;

11)Durability of strategic missiles,such that a bigger nuke need more than one interceptor to stop it! like this,
[NUCLEAR]
WeaponDura=100; //Durability of the missile is 100.If this tag is omitted then it only takes one interceptor to stop this weapon

[INTERCEPTOR]
DamageDura=40; //meaning the intercept missile can deal 40 damage to a nuclear missile's dura

So it will take approximately 3 interceptors to stop one nuclear missile!

12)Adjacency bonus tags in unit fbi (see Supreme Commander!), like

AdjacencyMetalBonus=0.2; //Boosts metal production rate by 2 percent if nearby another unit with same tag
AdjacencyMetalBonusLimit=0.6; //Tells the limit of metal production bonus

13)Surfacing option for submersible units!

14)More reliable method to set 4th to nth weapon..don't think i can think of appropriate weapon identification tags for it! Tag like weap4 to weapn (n any positive round integer value) in unit script and fbi.Should be relatively easy to incorporate.

15)Additional weapon/fbi tags with additional coding for it to work, like

DeviateMissileRadius=200; //Tells the radius of the deviation effect
DeviateMissile=0.2; //Chance to deviate a missile that travels inside the field
DeviateAngle=20; //Angle which the missile will get deviated from its flight trajectory

JamTracking=1; //Tells if the unit can jam guided weapons that have tracking=1; tag
JamTrackingChance=0.3; //Chance for the unit to actually jam a tracked weapon
JamTrackingRadius=100; //Radius for the effect

[FLARE]
AttractChance=0.3; //Chance for the flare to attract a weapon to hit it instead.
WeaponType=0; //Tells the weapon can attract missiles to hit it, 0 for missiles, 1 for torpedoes, 2 for beam weapons

WeaponType tag tells TA3D what kind of the weapon it is,in order to tell how the weapon may interact with other tags,like the DeviateMissile tag

Flashbang232

Re: A bit of a suggestions...

Post by Flashbang232 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:31 am

Vls = vertical launch system?

Beam weapons : Working on it. Matty is making new lasers.

the new tags can probably be edited in by hacking the .exe or using files to manipulate/add new features like this, similar to the Xon's Dll files
(
my friend after showing him building units in a row:

TA IS LIKE SUPREME COMMANDER NOW BUT PWNS IT
)

im pretty sure this will get insane reactions if this happens, my friends also say this engine's graphics own supcom's, so its certainly progressed a ton...

Icon/weapon : Like what ta does on the minimap when firing a weapon?

@ 5) : I am not sure if i am misunderstanding this, but you can build 7 weapons, set silo to hold fire if it isnt already, scout about enemys base, and attack 7 diff targets using multiple commands ?

@ 6) : this actually happens with the pelican, it is why it transforms from land back to sea, and vice-versa. same with the ta escalation walking ship.
about different accel values, maybe add a couple of tags for diff accel values.
water_max_velocity=15;
water_acceleration=5;
water_turnrate=40;

and then use the same stuff for land, or whatever.

Shield thing? What shield thing. I cannot see the thread, i will do a bit more searching, harder this time.

Transformable units? You can do this in ta, i remember seeing some random transformer dude go from walking to flying, i think Zwzsg posted it on tau, it was an animated moving GIf file.
thinking about it tho, you will 99% likely need a very long script.......
ground to air transforming units would be kinda cool, and air to ship/vice versa for both....

upgrade detection status? Im sure once the DLL support comes in resource/weapon upgrades will be easier than right now.

Limit to firing arc function? Would be pretty cool, maybe hack the .exe or add some files to manipulate the engine....
adds some really cool ballistics to this...

About the super nukes, it would be cool, but after an interceptor hits it, it does damage to the missile, and say after 1 hit does half damage....

supcom adjacency bonuses? Like research facility from supcom? Or what.....maybe this can be done using DLL support, i mean ESC can probably do this too, idk. maybe add units like this with a certain aoe of adjacency....

surfacing can be done in OTA xD maybe just add a tag
submergetoggle=1;

maybe this tag can add a switch to the unit, asking to submerge or not.
like the ota fbi tag Onoffable=1;

unit scripts in ota use stuff that define the certain weapon systems, i can give you an example:

AimFromPrimary() (first weapon)
AimFromSecondary() (secondary)
AimFromTierTary() (3rd)

also, it uses stuff like this:

AimFromPrimary(piecenum)
{
piecenum = gun;
}
so maybe AimFromBackup() ?
and in fbi file add a tag "weapon4=<weapon name> "
this should certainly require a dgun=1; tag, in most cases
ask me in pm, this post is long, i should move on i think.......

@ 15) : What do these tags do? For jamming, thats pretty cool........

what is deviated effect?

Thanks,
flashbang232
When you cannot trust your government to lead the nation to better times is when you know the ship is sinking