Need asbolutely a SIMPLE mean to make a lab !

You think of something which could be added to TA3D post here! /
Vous pensez à quelque chose que l'on pourrait ajouter à TA3D, postez ici!
D.Durand

Need asbolutely a SIMPLE mean to make a lab !

Post by D.Durand » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:41 am

Since three weeks, i try to understand how to script a lab. A simple lab, without activating animations and such : You click on a Buildmenu button, and the lab build the unit on the "pad" element of it's model.

But nothing work. There is, like billion things to know for making it work. And there is always something that stop the lab to build the stuff. Between the include this, define that, The activate, the deactivate, the startbuilding, the stopbuilding, the state, the inbuildstance, the yard, the statechg, the activatecmd, the deactivatecmd, the querybuildinfo, this, that, and don't forgot to REPEAT THE DAMN COMMAND FOR NO GOOD REASON, etc. ad vitam nauseam.

Please, make something simple !

I propose something simple :

When i want to build something, i use the command "build", with as value the name of the model element on top of what the unit is build. Without the value, that mean the unit/building is free to build where it want.
I put this command in the "Startbuilding".

If i want the builder wait for some animation, i just add the animation stuff in the "Startbuilding" !

No more "activate".
No more "QueryBuildInfo".
No more "Deactivate" (you put that in Startbuilding after the command "build", or in "stopbuilding". Mean, where you simply need it to do the job).
No more "Go".
No more "Stop".
And no more all theses damn include.

Please ? I am a simple man. This soirt of scripting was already weird in 1997, 13 years ago...

Three weeks without any success. That thing kill me.

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Re: Need asbolutely a SIMPLE mean to make a lab !

Post by zuzuf » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:02 pm

Are you using COB or Lua ? With COB there is not much we can do without breaking OTA compatibility but Lua is very flexible and it should not be difficult to write a basic interface on top of what already exists.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

D.Durand

Post by D.Durand » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:31 pm

Well, i will try lua, then. Using "Arm Vehicle Plant Script" as model ?

D.Durand

Post by D.Durand » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:44 pm

The lua script work at the first try :shock:

Thank you. :)