some small suggstions again

You think of something which could be added to TA3D post here! /
Vous pensez à quelque chose que l'on pourrait ajouter à TA3D, postez ici!
xpoy

some small suggstions again

Post by xpoy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:53 am

Maybe Set The Shot in bmp file, that will reduce the cost of shot. And give better color. For incease the size of file, that isn't big problem in my think, that when ppl want upload in smaller size they can just exchange into jpeg byselft

For the tdf edit, make a GUI edit will helpful, that's a small tool but useful when TA3D add some new fields or value.

And another small idea, that no need so much folden on TA3D root, just put them into resources, and log/ mods/ music/ screenshots folden on root with resources, and how about a [maps] folden? This will make some help in newbie on TA3D /:^]

and well, some sky texture size need change. they did'nt have a suitable size for heaven

the font size also need be bigger, at least metal/ energy one should be bigger.

the 2D object didn't show on 63.4 Angle, that make the explasion and weapon get best show on 90 angle but not 63.4 angle.

and /:^|
I g2g again, that see you after 1 mouth

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Re: some small suggstions again

Post by zuzuf » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:05 pm

actually it would be great to be able to save screen shots directly as jpeg files since it requires much less hard disk bandwidth and allows recording at video rate (and it's not that costly to save jpeg files). I agree TGA is not that good for this, it'll change when I have time to change it :P
=>;-D Penguin Powered

DOT

Post by DOT » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:53 pm

shot as of for projectiles stuff?

wouldn't DDS server a better purpose for it? because it is native and If i recall correctly it gives performance boost at no quality loss..

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:59 am

well, jpeg didn't cast more time? In this case I agree all other..

and new suggstions, lol

quick key:
Load quick key on mod data, like that "X" for [off/on]
and load that [ctrl_] quickkey, that on catelogy
small bug, ctrl_c just trace comm when there only one comm, and in this case just lock on comm but the better is trace then free camera.
well, just as said, ctrl_c select all commanders but not the first ID unit.

in game GUI:
The first bug found is when the menu is 1024*768 (just not 640*400), the menu items coordinate will be wrong, at least, wrong at menu item pos, some times the items just be outside, ever off-screen.
next bug is TA3D didn't load the menu button on game data, but link the button on game date to new button.
And small problem, the freecom-eye cover big menu when the screen less than 1024* 768 /:^]
Make the game lighter, I mean, dark is ok but it should be colors, that more contrast will better.
The Big Menu Icon also cause some problem.
For Ctrl_c, I think just change the [T] shortcut beable fix the problem.
Tiggle the [T]-lock when moved mouse, or tiggle to not-track when player moved screen.

don't cover explosion at any case any time, that is most important 2D objects, and shouldn't be hide, how ever /:^|

menu:
All menu make as tdf file, so maybe add some tag for eazyly devlop /:^]
1. addtion a tag for shortcut.
For example:
[object0] // OK
{
name=b_ok;
type=BUTTON;
caption=OK;
x1=1039;
y1=964;
x2=1185;
y2=997;
size=2;
shortcut= VirtualKeycode_enter;
}
that when make push enter equal press "b_ok"
2.maybe a tag for parent
There are a type menu that show as popup. And the main page name button had a "link" (line) to that button belnng its.
So maybe
[object0]
{
name=save1;
type=BUTTON;
caption=OK;
x1=500;
y1=500;
x2=500;
y2=600;
size=2;
shortcut= VirtualKeycode_1;
parent= load game;
}

when show a strings list, may add [search input]
That mean input chars will get a chars start string
For example:
when select map, there are a map call "zuzuf land"
So press "z", then it locate in first z- (as start letter) string, next press "u", so it locate in first zu- string, in most time I think it just locate at "zuzuf land" /:^]

and most important suggstion on this post:
Add a file list that loaded, don't show file list on cache, but the list of file name on hard disk, this will helpful for players check his TA3D have true data files.

When do the pathfind, don't treat units group as one units. Just do pathfind as TA, that find a group path for group, units keep line or matricx or circle or some other style when do the pathfind. And for single unit, after a order be trouble 2 or more times, just stop that order and report, so they willn't trying all goto a small point.

If it can be, maybe don't show the sky below terrain, and make the space outside of terrain be black or some things give ppl the feel like couldn't see what's that. At now there sky around map and ever below terrain, there just suck terrain /:^|

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:13 am

I think I am going to remove that menu conflict solver since it's not complex menu friendly :? (I may have an idea to fix it so maybe I'll keep it :P)
xpoy wrote:units keep line or matricx or circle or some other style when do the pathfind
That's a real problem since a unit can pass between two obstacles, but the group may not be able to do the same without changing its structure. This is a very complex problem because it is not well defined : we just want it to work great but what is the behavior of such a great algorithm ?
=>;-D Penguin Powered

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:13 am

well, maybe just treat group of units on a little diffrent on set targat.
That when set targat for group, reset single unit's targat to be some delay to top/ left unit's pos, and the another point, just consider every units on group as a single unit that how goto their targat.

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:25 am

That is too complex because the engine is not deterministic (well it is but you need too much processing power to get things right, it's deterministic chaos).
You have to take into account several parameters like the orientation, relative position, speed, acceleration of the units in the group.

I think that making units aware of other units surrounding them and adding some interaction between those units will give better results because it adapts to the current state of the game, requires less processing power :P and give the possibility to immobile units on the path to decide to move in order to let other units pass (this is a global moving behavior :D).
=>;-D Penguin Powered

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:29 pm

:D
That's it!
making units aware of other units surrounding them own all~
And for group order, maybe give some order targat template also help on improve performance. I mean, no need cypher the how to keep group targat but just put group into some regular form, it can be some mothed like shift+"X" on TA( witch best one support by TAdemo)

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:47 pm

why not once pathfinding and pathfollowing is working properly :)
=>;-D Penguin Powered

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:52 am

:o
That's diffcult!
At least, there are some other group maybe passed the found path after current group's pathfind.

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:46 am

I had try netserver chat in a low PC, 90 mem(java 30, firefox 60) used make it be a problem, so a web irc will be better :P...

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:56 am

Why not if someone finds time for it :)
=>;-D Penguin Powered

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:34 pm

maybe mipi or bab? Still need 1 week for current work /:^|

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:24 am

again /:^}

a option for the far sight?
I mean what length make units be disappear in view.

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:10 pm

well, inertia for air, and when units turning, let them try to accelerate as their acceleration.Which OTA do it, and be really nice to look when air do that, it's great in TA EXCESS II and some other mods.
And TA3D can make the bombers in OTA's CG be ture!

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:27 pm

wheel zoom speed modify option
drag speed modify option

drag to right is a bit bug, it's didn't change by mouse speed, option, but slowly when drag mouse to other turn is fine.

some quick-key.
and a small suggestion, the ctrl+shift build un-stop units, but not like tademos that build 100 units

yeah, I test some game in newest build of windows, it's no problem for me. /:^P I call firends try my game when he's some guy that never know TA.