Gravity Wind

You think of something which could be added to TA3D post here! /
Vous pensez à quelque chose que l'on pourrait ajouter à TA3D, postez ici!
xpoy

Gravity Wind

Post by xpoy » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:50 am

ya, gravity and wind is 2 things that most effect in TA.
Does TA3D include them? :P

This is google translate, sry, maybe tonight will explain it in self :

In fact this rather strange bug ah, BB shot like super-sector, the muzzle came to power as much as possible, but has no lift in place, but the shells憋不住, run out
In fact it is a special action comedy
Under normal gravity map does not appear as cross-border attacks
But the scope of civil strife in the attack bombers
Wandering like a laser tower, as that action can not be achieved
45 degrees to provide maximum range, set up BB, double-barreled attack distance is the most active 45 °

Gravity than normal gravity on the map
Artillery attacks would be to shorten the distance between many
There are several plans the proportion of double-barreled laser shorter range

Gravity will change, affecting a range of artillery shells
And this change in control may be players, not as windy as Lai. Therefore useful to have a BUG: the user interface on a range of performance and not the actual range

Super-gravity sector is changing the shooting, gun range did not change in the user interface to reflect a maximum range of the result of

well, the barrel is the angle of the engine by the TA in accordance with the early speed, acceleration adjustment

For wind:
honeyfox want,
OTA one was:
vector3 projectile.speed+=vector3 windspeed;
But maybe this will be better:
ontick()
{
projectile.speed+=windforce/projectile.inertia;
}
For me, if do this (with conside performance), how about let all object be effect by wind... That air be blow to somewhere, tank be slowly due to against the wind

HoneyFox

Re: Gravity Wind

Post by HoneyFox » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:02 pm

I'd like the gravity to be more realistic.
the gravity will influence the maximum shoot range of cannons.
max range will be dynamically calculated due to the gravity of the map. ( and if can, due to the terrain as well. though i know this is too time-consuming and will cause low performance )

second, i hope that the wind can affect the projectiles with no booster like shells.
not like in OTA, the shell's direction is only affected by wind by the time it leaves the barrel, i hope the wind can constantly change the direction of those shells. in one tick, the wind will change the projectile's speed by windforce/projectileinertia.

tertiary, i hope that the radars' scan areas will be affected by terrain. just like the LOS, radars cannot detect something behind a hill or other terrain.

lastly, i hope that the engine can give fully functional commands of units, projectiles... in script interface. ie, you can script units, projectiles in lua script or something alike to control almost everything in game. i admit that the reason why i have this hope is that the game flight & annihilation gave me such complete and wonderful interface, in that interface, i can even control how a bomb fly down or how an aircraft fly and evade enemy's incoming missiles...

sorry, too many hopes? :)
Hoping to be a translator for Simplified-Chinese version of TA3D...

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:59 pm

It`s all good, but not before we have a fully-functioning Total Annihilation in 3D. Ither get pationed, or help us with coding this stuff :P

milipili

Post by milipili » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:54 am

Yuni will integrate ODE (http://www.ode.org, or another library we are sure for now). May be it could help.
Damien Gerard
Ta3d & Yuni Developer

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:27 am

well, as we see, shouldn't used that, just can't cost so much performance

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:26 pm

be careful with physics and weapons/units/... simulation, remember several things need to be synchronized in a multiplayer game :D
=>;-D Penguin Powered