Current beta packages

title is self explanatory / le titre est explicite non ?
Balthazar

Re: Current beta packages

Post by Balthazar » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:28 pm

Soooouuuu... where mah win32 binaries :P :wink:

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:12 pm

I am sorry, I've been busy and building RC packages for windows takes me more time than expected because the build process is currently broken.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Flashbang232

Post by Flashbang232 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:45 pm

Are you making like super-custom installers? Or just extractors?
Super-custom as in advanced as in, say, ta disk installers or something.

I can *try* to compile a windows installer, i'm running windows 7 and I have that MSI package program on here that works....
When you cannot trust your government to lead the nation to better times is when you know the ship is sinking

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Until now the installer was made with NSIS. There is a script in the repository, it may help you (but it is outdated).
Help with the installer is more than welcome (I still haven't got a working windows binary :( ).
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:30 pm

:|

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Some people says that Ta3d is dying... They are wrong Zuzuf, are they?

MattyWS

Post by MattyWS » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:03 pm

Hope not, I still keep an eye on these forums, although I can't do much to help anymore.

Flashbang232

Post by Flashbang232 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:13 am

Dude Matman, yeah you can. You av can help coding, i mean hell , you have your own gaming studio!
When you cannot trust your government to lead the nation to better times is when you know the ship is sinking

MattyWS

Post by MattyWS » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:01 am

Heh, it's not 'my' studio, I work there. :P

Flashbang232

Post by Flashbang232 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:54 pm

I want the studio. :P
BTW what are the specs on your weakest computer there? :P

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Sorry for the long time not being there. I've been really busy and recently sick.
TA3D is not dying actually but things are going slowly because releasing TA3D 0.6 implies fixing a windows specific compilation error and because I develop with windows at work I am a bit fed up with it right now which greatly reduce my motivation.
Given the man power we have I think I'll stop maintaining the windows port after 0.6. Unless someone is willing to help with the windows port, TA3D > 0.6 won't officially support windows (sorry but it's just too much work for me).
=>;-D Penguin Powered

MattyWS

Post by MattyWS » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:30 am

Linux only? I dont have too much of an issue with that as I have a linux partition, but I think that will cut your audience by like 90%. No pressure, go as fast as you like.

And flashbang, the weakest computer in the studio is old laptop with about 64mb ram. :P The highest spec computers are ok, best one is 32GB ram, two 590 NVIDIA graphics cards and an extremely expensive i7 processor and two monitors 24' each. Too bad it comes with a cheap £5 dell keyboard and mouse.

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:26 pm

zuzuf wrote:Sorry for the long time not being there. I've been really busy and recently sick.
TA3D is not dying actually but things are going slowly because releasing TA3D 0.6 implies fixing a windows specific compilation error and because I develop with windows at work I am a bit fed up with it right now which greatly reduce my motivation.
Given the man power we have I think I'll stop maintaining the windows port after 0.6. Unless someone is willing to help with the windows port, TA3D > 0.6 won't officially support windows (sorry but it's just too much work for me).
No problems, once TA3D will become better there`ll be someone who can help with windows porting, so GO GO GO with Linux version Zuzuf!!!
Just would be great to see new improvments on the project!!!

MattyWS

Post by MattyWS » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:00 am

I hope you are still continuing this Zuzuf. I think you'll find that a lot more people will be interested to help with the project if you show you are an active lead role and doing a lot of work. People tend to follow projects rather than lead them. Maybe go to TAU and recruit aswell?

Flashbang232

Post by Flashbang232 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:21 am

Matman, you should get a comp w/32 gb ram, AMD opteron 16 core, 4 AMD radeon diamond series graphics cards (4 per board I believe :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCVsIFY3LMs&rel=
http://www.amd.com/us/products/server/p ... ors.aspx#1

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:12 am

pa, I guess zuzuf is really busy, it was normaly to delay cause it's hardly to re-enter the state. And TA3D is a pretty big project, so to have a clean view in whole for update/fix bugs, it really need to be free for have the feel that I can do it!
:D It's ok to wait zuzuf for me ...

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:12 pm

xpoy wrote:pa, I guess zuzuf is really busy, it was normaly to delay cause it's hardly to re-enter the state. And TA3D is a pretty big project, so to have a clean view in whole for update/fix bugs, it really need to be free for have the feel that I can do it!
:D It's ok to wait zuzuf for me ...
He`s a little busy at this moment, hope he`ll become more available after NY :P (BTW Hurray!!!!)
And Xpoy - thank you again for the OTA ddraw.dll !!!!!

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:20 pm

I've just deleted some spams maybe I'll build and release something soon (as I start playing with a cousin I will likely find motivation to fix bugs ... when I find time :D).
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:16 pm

zuzuf wrote:I've just deleted some spams maybe I'll build and release something soon (as I start playing with a cousin I will likely find motivation to fix bugs ... when I find time :D).
Great! I can`t find anymore reasons how to tell russian community that ta3d don`t evolve - we are still belive to get our hands on release 1.0!!!