New package building system

title is self explanatory / le titre est explicite non ?
zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

New package building system

Post by zuzuf » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:01 pm

I've been working on a way to build packages for all supported platforms automatically. Mac OS support is still missing but it already works for Linux 32/64 bits and windows. TA3D is compiled, packaged and Linux repositories are updated with a single command :).

I've just built new packages (revision 2663). Linux users can now install the free data set as a package directly from the repositories :). Here is the full list of platforms currently supported by this new build system:
  • 32/64bits Debian/Ubuntu
  • 32/64bits Mandriva
  • 32 bits windows
For Debian/Ubuntu users, the repository is here (packages are built in testing instead of stable, because stable packages should be done and tested manually) :

Code: Select all

deb ftp://downloads.ta3d.org/binaries/linux/apt/ testing main
Mandriva (you should be able to install the repository by clicking the link):
http://www.ta3d.org/urpmi/ta3d.urpmi-media

For windows users (the windows package name contains the revision number instead of an arbitrary beta version):
ftp://downloads.ta3d.org/binaries/windows/dev/0.6/

Please note this is not perfect yet as Linux 64 and win32 binaries are built with standard Lua instead of LuaJIT for now (because of errors cross-compiling it on my 32bits server).

I plan to run this package builder daily so you can follow the development of TA3D easily without having to compile anything but since I am going to Spain tomorrow for 2 weeks I decided not to try anything that could break running services (anyway I won't commit anything without Internet connection so you won't be missing anything :P).
=>;-D Penguin Powered

D.Durand

Re: New package building system

Post by D.Durand » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:55 am

Work well on my Ubuntu 64. :D

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:43 pm

Cool news :P

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:21 pm

I hope there is no report about missing DLLs because none is missing :P. I only tested on my virtual machine which has all the DLLs somewhere not only in the package :D and right now I don't have my own computer (I am in an Internet cafe) so I can't test the package.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

xpoy

Post by xpoy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:24 pm

greeting! :D
This is a great news. Before somedays just server ppl ask me for a newest package of TA3D, but I had no time to build it, and just give them a stable version that with resources with very old version, That myself played, maybe 0.60 beta 10 :P