TA3D 0.6 beta 7 for win32

title is self explanatory / le titre est explicite non ?
zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

TA3D 0.6 beta 7 for win32

Post by zuzuf » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:12 pm

This new beta release for windows should bring several bug fixes but it's also built with GCC 4.4.1 instead of 3.4.5 (it doesn't make GCC crash any more 8) so now we have GCC 4.4 optimizations 8) ).

Several core structures have been rewritten to be more safe. I've done some Valgrinding to find and fix several memory errors. A few rendering bugs have been fixed (units and their shadows are no more shifted). Pathfinder is a bit faster now, walkable areas are precomputed at loading time for all moving units that don't fly but with only a small memory overhead : less than 2MB on seven islands. I made several tweaks to the pathfinder and pathfollowing code, fixed an annoying bug in the pathfinder (it was preventing it from finding a path in complex situations). I lowered cache compression level to 1 (from 6) so building the cache should be faster :) . There is also the new Lua based console with tab-completion support 8) . It's easier to write GUI files for TA3D : you don't need to tell the number of widgets anymore, you can use random keys for widgets as long as they are separated (you can break old numbering convention so it's much easier to edit a file).

There are a few new bugs :( I am aware of:
  • units sometimes blink
  • pathfinder returns path that follow closely obstacles (I am working on it)
A few translation files still need to be updated (see recent changes in French translation file).

As usual you'll find it there:
ftp://downloads.ta3d.org/binaries/windows/dev/0.6/
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Re: TA3D 0.6 beta 7 for win32

Post by Balthazar » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:18 am

Yay!!! :D :D :D

xpoy

Re: TA3D 0.6 beta 7 for win32

Post by xpoy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:49 am

oh!oh!
Yeah!