Is TA3D dead now?

title is self explanatory / le titre est explicite non ?
DOT

Is TA3D dead now?

Post by DOT » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:59 am

I think the topic title says it all...

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Re: Is TA3D dead now?

Post by zuzuf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:25 pm

I may build/release a Linux package soon (using current SVN code). I don't want to see TA3D dying but the truth is it's becoming difficult to maintain because of a lot of legacy stuffs (the renderer is quite difficult to understand). This is a consequence of reverse engineering: you don't know where you go so sometimes you do a U turn, try something else until it works.

If you have ideas about what could be the future of TA3D (anything but death :P), feel free to post.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Flashbang232

Post by Flashbang232 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:34 pm

Zuzuf I'm currently trying to gain an understanding of the Shaders, how they work, and how to use C++ properly so I might be of assistance soon.
When you cannot trust your government to lead the nation to better times is when you know the ship is sinking

Durand

Post by Durand » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:37 pm

Actually, to attract help, the game needs to work. Not being a godlike game with all Starcraft 2 features, but simply work.

What stop the game to be enjoyable for player, for now ? What don't work ? That's what need to be worked on. The remainder can wait.

I don't remember what blocked me in my games, honestly. I stopped to work on units because i though the project was dead. Well, i have to re-install my old Maya, i see ;-)

abma

Post by abma » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:15 am

*bump*

just make a release. this gives people a bit motivation and this project maybe a bit attention (to possible find a new dev...)

abma

Post by abma » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:17 am

*bump*

just make a release. this gives people a bit motivation and this project maybe a bit attention (to possible find a new dev...)

HSV7ltr

Post by HSV7ltr » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:57 am

Dont let it DIE!!! supreme commander is the closest thing i have to a 3D TA and i like it. BUT, just to have good ol' TA in 3D would be awesome. i cant contribute anything unfortunatly. maybe the odd fanboy motivational speech?
seriously, does anyone think this could work?
P.S. starcraft godlike???? ppffffftt!! each to thier own tho