some progress

Everything related to the code /
Tout ce qui touche au code
zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

some progress

Post by zuzuf » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:27 pm

I have fixed several thread safety bugs and a huge annoying bug : units could target wrong units ... just order a unit to attack several units, then kill one of those units which isn't being attacked currently by the unit, if the player who owns the unit you killed builds a new unit, then the attacker will target it ... it worked with all orders that can take a target. Now every unit has its own ID (a uint32) which is a unique identifier that identifies the unit among all the units that were created and that will be created during the game.

I optimized the details texture shader (small optimization though), the path icons renderer has been improved too (it now uses ARRAYs instead of immediate mode so it's much faster) and path icons are replaced with transparent white lines in tactical view (you couldn't see the icons any way).

Ho, I nearly forgot : game clients (multiplayer) compute the list of all available units (available on all the clients that are connected together) so you can't use a unit someone doesn't have, it prevents the game from running out of sync when you build such a unit.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:59 pm

That`s a very nice improvment :) !!!