Lobby?

Everything related to the code /
Tout ce qui touche au code
AF
Administrateur - Site Admin

Lobby?

Post by AF » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:13 pm

Im somewhat confused by how the battle listing set up currently is done, are you doing it all internally etc? Im confused how are things working?

I did want to sort out some AFLobby stuff in my next release to bring it up to par. However I did want TA3D support eventually but is this something I'm going to be able to do?

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:55 pm

currently TA3D networking code doesn't work ... in fact there is only LAN server discovery working on Linux, win32 networking code doesn't work at the moment. We're going to change things to use an external library that will be the low level network layer. So currently there is very few things done ...

Currently the LAN server discovery is working that way:
_servers are listening on UDP port 1234
when they receive "PING SERVER LIST" they multicast "PONG SERVER hostname current_mod TA3D_ENGINE_VERSION nb_player_slots_open"

where current_mod = "." if empty

_clients multicast on UDP port 1234 : "PING SERVER LIST" and wait for responses

but this may change as we're still working on it.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

AF

Post by AF » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:39 pm

Interesting but it doesn't really answer my question at all.

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:22 pm

we've planned support for external lobby, this isn't going to be implemented before we have a working networking base. The battle listing currently coded into the SVN won't be mandatory, you'll be able to start the game giving it a filename as parameter and it'll read it to grab information about players/host/etc... whatever it needs to start a game. So yes you'll be able to support TA3D :). I am sorry I only gave you details about the way it's working currently but I forgot to answer "YES" :)
=>;-D Penguin Powered