Priority issues during loading of TA's content

Everything related to the code /
Tout ce qui touche au code
slogic

Priority issues during loading of TA's content

Post by slogic » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:20 am

Long ago in 2002 i was making a tool called Chaos Annihilator, but failed to finish it because i choked with bunch of ideas instead of implementing features step-by-step :) It should be multipurpose tool a-la TA Conflict Crasher but better. Now I wanna back to continue development. So i have couple of important questions about priorities during loading the content.

Is there any priority (& loading sequence) of files with extentions: hpi, ccx, ufo & gp3? I guess it should be.

How does TA deal with the following situation:

1) unit A is placed at menu 2-0 within hpi file
2) unit A is placed at menu 3-1 of the same builder withing gp3 (ccx or ufo) file

Will this unit appear on both places?

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:56 pm

I guess *.gp* files have priority over other files but it maybe be only because the versions stored in their files are higher than TA, CC and BT's files.

When I improved the build menu system I wanted all the units to be shown so conflicts are solved in order to display all the units.

If you want more information about this you should try yourself to see what happens when you change something in some of TA files. There are several ways to put a unit in a build menu : you can specify where you want to put it (compatible with TA 1.0) or you can just tell TA which unit can build it (not compatible with TA 1.0). You can find information about build pics position in /guis/*.gui files (using the unit short name followed by a menu number) or inside the /download/*.tdf files
=>;-D Penguin Powered