networking

Everything related to the code /
Tout ce qui touche au code
Cire

networking

Post by Cire » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:28 pm

Ok i'am nearly done with a vector replacement, however before I implement SSE enhanced vectors, i'd like to get a good test done using normal vector code first. Its pretty much composed of 2 template classes, one which handles all vectors, including points, the other which will handle matrices.

I've been looking around and starting to design a goal for implementing networking but i'am afraid before I do there are several areas I wana address before we do so. I'll address these options soon.

++Cire.
Females: impossible to live with, most powerful money reducing agent known to man, 99% of the time they drive us insane; yet somehow we desire to have as many as we can.

Cire

Post by Cire » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:52 pm

P.S: Zuff while working on the new vector/matrix code I noticed that you treated a matrix as an array of floats, nested, that is to say [4] by [4].

I always throught of matrices as an array of vectors [4], which is how I designed the new class, I'am hoping that it should be pretty much backwards compatable, and this allows u to do things like matrix[3].dot(); rather then having to do dot operations by indexing various indices in the array (much easier the new way, as well as much less chance of indexing a wrong value).

It may require a few changes here and there but so far new matrix and vector code seems to be working quite well, at least during the compilation of the code.

More soon.

++Cire
Females: impossible to live with, most powerful money reducing agent known to man, 99% of the time they drive us insane; yet somehow we desire to have as many as we can.

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:10 pm

As long as matrix/vector functions are compatible (RotateX, ...) with current ones, it should work no matter how it's implemented. I never accessed matrix content outside one of these functions ... and never replaced the OpenGL matrix with a MATRIX_4x4 object ... so it should be fine.

As far as points are concerned, maybe we should use only vectors, it's the same thing except for some calculations (when you don't want to apply a translation on your object), but we can add extra functions that would be even faster since it would imply less calculations.
=>;-D Penguin Powered