development progress

Everything related to the code /
Tout ce qui touche au code
zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

development progress

Post by zuzuf » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:35 pm

I've modified the water renderer in order to use the correct water color when rendering with water quality >= 3. So now it uses the water color from the map textures in order to achieve the effect the map creator wanted to have. So you can now have a deep dark water as well as a dirty water :D .
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:29 am

I`ll post some screenshot of it on forums when you`ll build test release.

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:28 pm

New improvements:
_sounds in build/orders menus
_D-Gun works properly
_bug fix in the GAF loader that made transparent parts of gaf black when more than one sub-image was used
_the camera was moving when your cursor was near screen sides, no it has to be exactly on the screen side, otherwise it won't move -> that's to prevent the screen to move when you click buttons on the menus.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:31 pm

Good news !!

I've found a bug in unit path management code, more precisely in the code that prevents units from going where they cannot go. In fact it was in the function that tells if the unit can be at a given position on map:
it was checking if there was already a unit at that position, but didn't check if this wasn't the current unit, and since this unit was drawn on position map (because it's removed only when it has moved and the redraw function is called) the function returned the wrong result. So now that's fixed -> it takes the current unit into account.

So we shouldn't encounter "pathfinding" bugs any more :D 8) .

Currently I am implementing TA's "standing fire order" system, in order to allow unit to return fire or to fire at will as given in the order menu.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:52 pm

Well, looks like just as I was predicted once pathfinding was added - some small stupid check misplacement. Hope you`ll build test release today/tomorow so the final test before network addon can be made.

Also - thatks, Zuzuf :) I`m like TA3D more and more :)

zuzuf

Post by zuzuf » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:14 pm

You'll see the next test release really looks like TA, and everything is just beautiful, only lacking AI & networking.

Also I am reading stuffs about Lua which is a fast scripting language, it's used in many games (like Supreme Commander !!), it's free software, and it's been deeply tested, so it's very stable. I am thinking we might replace our scripting language with Lua, which will be more stable, robust and with less bugs. Also it won't be hard to add this as a dependency since we can distribute the lib within the windows package and there are packages for Linux distros, so it will be easy to install.

What do you think ?
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:27 pm

Absolutely approve :)
There are many lua scripts and it`s very common language in TA community. It would be silly not to use it if TA3D could :)