New source release?

Everything related to the code /
Tout ce qui touche au code
Cire

New source release?

Post by Cire » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:48 pm

Are you going to release a new source version this week. I realize that you may not be reasy for another new release this week, but for us that are assisting on the project it would be nice to have for the week a new release of the code so we have updated files and what not.

the version i believe is x.xx.xxx perhaps just bump xxx by one ane call it updated dev release source or something.

Thanks in advance.

++Cire.

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:51 pm

I you want the last source code you can use CVS to get it from sourceforge.net.
I don't have enough time to make new release every week, maybe in the future but not now or someone else will have to do it.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:40 am

Hi all of team members! I`m back again! Cire - why don`t you make builds yourself? It looks like only Zuzuf can build whole project now :roll:

Cire

Post by Cire » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:53 am

I'am working on rectifing that problem Bal, the project on a whole has pretty much been written for linux compiler, and there are many parts of it i'am rewritting for VS C++ 2005.

Now that won't do linux users anygood, but windows users should benfit emensily from builds built under it.

I"ve pretty much taken it upon myself to optomize and rewrite much of the code as time permits to a) get it to compile undre windows, b) optomize for efficenicy, c) improve stability as the project grows, d) improve readability and finally e) improve flexability and adapatabilty.

I can only do so much at once mainly because what changes i am doing require heavy modifications to the rest of the code which would break any further attempts at building the exe's on his end.

For example my hpi manager is much easier to manage hpi files, it groups and orginizes data better, it is much easier to read and understand, and it uses STL libs for more efficent handlign of data, not to metion readability, but it also is now starting to support other ta parts such as gaf, 3do, fpis ect, but it does it differently then how zuff did, so I need to confir with him on how he watns to get data outa these classes or use the classes.

Now i'am not gona complain about zuff's programing style, as we all adapt our own, and hes done one hell of a job, and i'am hoping that as I get to rework older code for better optomization, him and even can continue to bang out code, but...theres a bit clause here, and that is, if they start changing code that i've already rewritten then we run into the catch 32 clause which is why i like to get enw code often as possible so i can 'diff' them that way if he did change something over the weekend and i've already rewritten it i can work it into the new code.

Now I must applogize guys, the last 2 or 3 days i havn't done much at all besides a bit of website work, and by that I mean very little, I just got swamped with a project that must be completed and i'am hoping to finish tommorow afternoon, at that point i'am hoping to seek out zuff, pin him down and make him answer some questions on the workings of some stuff.

++Cire.

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:23 pm

Glad to hear :D I`ve created some new topics on taspring and TA:AA forums. People do like TA 3D very!! Keep up a good work :wink:

Cire

Post by Cire » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:14 pm

I can't use CVS control on my dev machine. My work has a similiar control that will not allow this to run, any other suggestions on how I can sync my code with yours?

++Cire.

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:08 pm

You can access CVS for reading through: http://ta3d.cvs.sourceforge.net/ta3d/

you also try another CVS client. If it doesn't work, I will see if I can set up a subversion repository.
=>;-D Penguin Powered